Newbie alert. Using Softimage very recently.
I hate the fact default rectangle selection tool selects backface components. Is there a way to get shift-10 tool, ray-trace triangle, or lasso to be the default?
Thanks
Changing the Default tool used by Component selections
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Changing the Default tool used by Component selections
In your Tools/Selection preferences, you can activate Raycast in Shaded mode. That way, Rectangle behaves like Rectangle-Raycast.
Other than that, you can also create a short custom script command that activates the desired selection tool and component filter, and map that command to a key.
Other than that, you can also create a short custom script command that activates the desired selection tool and component filter, and map that command to a key.
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
Re: Changing the Default tool used by Component selections
Thanks that makes a world of difference to me. Even though there are many selection tools the 'pick' sessions use the default.
I would not know how to script such. But I'll keep that level of control in mind.
Cheers
I would not know how to script such. But I'll keep that level of control in mind.
Cheers
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Changing the Default tool used by Component selections
Not many people realize that you can actually change the selection tool and filter during a pick session.