Treat Clone copies differently

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
jacobo
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 22:06

Treat Clone copies differently

Post by jacobo » 02 May 2013, 02:48

Hi;

I have ICEtopo cloned a polygonal object via the create copies node, so I ended up with several islands of the original object forming the clone. Now, what I want to to be able to do is, later on, above the current stack in another ICE tree, do separate deformations unique to these individual islands, comparing their topology to that of the original. I know that these islands could be distinguished via the CopyID attribute, but I am lost as to what specific procedure I should follow to get this done. Any help will be wildly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,

AJ

grahamef
Posts: 281
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01

Re: Treat Clone copies differently

Post by grahamef » 02 May 2013, 16:32

Well, one way might be to use the CopyID to select a value from an array, and use that value to drive the deformation in some way.

Also, this video shows how to use the CopyID to modify the UVs -- not exactly the same thing but it might give you some ideas (might want to watch part 1 first):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b0H5q-Z ... FC&index=7

Other than that, I think we'd need more details to give more specific help.