Well, sort of:
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/sho ... ble-(beta)
Lagoa for Blender?
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Lagoa for Blender?
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
The cloth tearing seems to make it better. If it is reliable.
-
Acrobat
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 21:50
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
My little experience about blender say me this is near useless. Blender viewport lag with 100 or less object, seems they add cool features upon features without care about the weak core structure.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
...unlike some unnamed proprietary software that hardly introduces any new features anymore, still has a backlog of outstanding issues with "established" features and costs a lot of money...Acrobat wrote:(...) seems they add cool features upon features without care about the weak core structure.
edit: by which I don't want to defend blender BTW, I personally hate it as well
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
imho these integrations are only way for addons to survive. Blender API changes in each version , which is somewhat usual for open source software. Last year there were about four versions. It's hard to believe that authors of free software will do all updates, forever. Today, simulations and "named" (Navier Stokes, Gerstner...), complex equations seems to be a good challenge for talented people, so probably that's reason why Blender now has all that simulation engines.
Motion graphics, interface improvements, that's probably not so attractive.
That I know, some simulations are very reliable, like voxel - based smoke and rendering - not without need for standard playing with quality-speed ratio when it comes to final render, just in order to get it consistent through the frames.
Some are not, imho, for example water fluid. Even simulation looks nice in viewports, Blender Internal renderer has a horrible aliasing with reflection-refraction stuff, Cycles is a few times slower with sharp reflections, than Mental Ray or like, and Cycles doesn't support deformation motion blur, yet.
Anyway, for those who don't have Fury or emFluid, I think Blender's smoke might be interesting. Maybe soft bodies too, I think Blender option is somewhat easier to figure out, than SI ICE equivalents.
In latest Blender, there's finally rich point-cache modifier, reader and writer, able to output PC2 and MDD usable in Softimage.
Motion graphics, interface improvements, that's probably not so attractive.
That I know, some simulations are very reliable, like voxel - based smoke and rendering - not without need for standard playing with quality-speed ratio when it comes to final render, just in order to get it consistent through the frames.
Some are not, imho, for example water fluid. Even simulation looks nice in viewports, Blender Internal renderer has a horrible aliasing with reflection-refraction stuff, Cycles is a few times slower with sharp reflections, than Mental Ray or like, and Cycles doesn't support deformation motion blur, yet.
Anyway, for those who don't have Fury or emFluid, I think Blender's smoke might be interesting. Maybe soft bodies too, I think Blender option is somewhat easier to figure out, than SI ICE equivalents.
In latest Blender, there's finally rich point-cache modifier, reader and writer, able to output PC2 and MDD usable in Softimage.
-
Acrobat
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 21:50
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
As I wrote in others circumstance, I don't what I will do after I'll finish my school, but if I'll become a freelancer my software will be blender/zbrush/photoshop, especially after understanding autodesk license and subscription terms...
I really prefer blender to maya, look more organic and and streamlined. What hurt me is only the really poor performance in opengl, few objects with a subsurf modifier applied and becoming all lag tremendously. Also, the impossibility to edit two object at some time is very annoying.
I really prefer blender to maya, look more organic and and streamlined. What hurt me is only the really poor performance in opengl, few objects with a subsurf modifier applied and becoming all lag tremendously. Also, the impossibility to edit two object at some time is very annoying.
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
Usually, disable double sided trick works, at least for me. Anyway, viewport it's definitively slower than SI.Acrobat wrote: I really prefer blender to maya, look more organic and and streamlined. What hurt me is only the really poor performance in opengl, few objects with a subsurf modifier applied and becoming all lag tremendously. Also, the impossibility to edit two object at some time is very annoying.
Right now, there's about 700 users online on Blender artists, so probably this is the best place to ask for help.
-
Acrobat
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 21:50
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
Hi,
thanks for the tip, but just know it and don't work. I have a GTX 480 and the result is not so dramatical different. A friend of my has a gtx 286 (if I remember correctly the name), and blender going really better, not like softimage but without big issue
thanks for the tip, but just know it and don't work. I have a GTX 480 and the result is not so dramatical different. A friend of my has a gtx 286 (if I remember correctly the name), and blender going really better, not like softimage but without big issue
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Lagoa for Blender?
GTX 285 is called and as far as I know nvidia started screwing around with OpenGL from the gtx 4xx and newer. It is not the first time when I hear a gtx 285 is outperforming a newer nvidia card. If you submit a bug report to them or an inquiry you'll be replied that for 3d apps they have Quadros which cost a lot more.
Ah right, the classical introduce the problem and then come with a solution. For a fee of course.
Now, what they're doing is not illegal AFAIK so the only option is to buy from AMD. I heard Radeon cards are so much better in OGL viewports than geforces.
Ah right, the classical introduce the problem and then come with a solution. For a fee of course.
Now, what they're doing is not illegal AFAIK so the only option is to buy from AMD. I heard Radeon cards are so much better in OGL viewports than geforces.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides