add noise to tex co-ordinates

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
snowctrl
Posts: 19
Joined: 20 Apr 2012, 10:18
Skype: snowctrl

add noise to tex co-ordinates

Post by snowctrl » 29 Apr 2013, 10:52

Hi there

I'm trying to introduce some noise into the UV co-ordinates of a texture on a surface.

The texture is the standard image clip into tex input of Image node into Diffuse etc

So I have a Projection Lookup linked in to the texture_coord of a 3DWarp node, which I link into.... where's the Image node tex-coord input? How can I affect the Image with the 3Dwarp? Is there a different Image node I should be using?

.....

Help appreciated... am I missing something obvious?

User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: add noise to tex co-ordinates

Post by gustavoeb » 29 Apr 2013, 11:38

must use image lookup node for custom projections. regular image node has its projection lookup built in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

snowctrl
Posts: 19
Joined: 20 Apr 2012, 10:18
Skype: snowctrl

Re: add noise to tex co-ordinates

Post by snowctrl » 29 Apr 2013, 14:39

EXCELLENT that works

Many thanks

jON