Bend control

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
KLONOA WORKS
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21

Bend control

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 26 Apr 2013, 14:58

Hi,

is there a way to control the circle so that I can bend it freely like in maya cause there is no way to scale .

Image


Image

User avatar
McNistor
Posts: 605
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26

Re: Bend control

Post by McNistor » 28 Apr 2013, 17:07

I don't think anyone understands what you're trying to do - hence the lack of responses.
I for one don't.

What circle is that, a curve primitive, a null, an implicit and how are you trying to bend it?
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

User avatar
KLONOA WORKS
Posts: 41
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 11:21

Re: Bend control

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 30 Apr 2013, 08:59

McNistor wrote:I don't think anyone understands what you're trying to do - hence the lack of responses.
I for one don't.

What circle is that, a curve primitive, a null, an implicit and how are you trying to bend it?
sorry my mistake :p

well I want to control the circle curve so that I can freely control the bend ,

Image

this from ICE>Deform>create> Bend

Letterbox
Posts: 391
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49

Re: Bend control

Post by Letterbox » 30 Apr 2013, 10:50

the 'offset' is translate
the 'radius' is scale
the 'bend direction' is rotation (in conjunction with axis)

or expand the compound with the 'e' too see whats happening and change as needed.

or look on http://rray.de/xsi/ for bend, an alternative might suit your needs better.