Shaders Framebuffers to Pass

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Falam

Shaders Framebuffers to Pass

Post by Falam » 26 Apr 2013, 04:04

Hi, I have a problem I need to solve. All of my objects in my scene have the Mia_Material shader (exception a few have the new milA shader) which have their own render channels built into the shader (custom shader). I want to create a pass that has all of the Mia Material frame buffers for all the objects in in the pass, for example Sofimage default channels do not include 'diffuse level, 'diffuse raw' etc etc. I want those channels included in the pass. How do I apply the channels I want from those shaders to Render Managers Channels output, without having to individually go into all my objects shaders and toggling on the channels I want then have them show up in the Render Manager Channel Output list knowing when I render the pass all the channels will be rendered along ?

I thought that I had a solution, by creating an override for the pass and selecting only those channels from the shaders (Mia Material etc) and apply it to the override, no luck the channels were not showing up within the IPR and in Render Managers Channel output.

Kzin
Posts: 432
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:36

Re: Shaders Framebuffers to Pass

Post by Kzin » 26 Apr 2013, 15:21

have you tryed to add the framebuffername in available channels under render-scene options?

the names can be found here:

http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/softimage2013/en_us/userguide/index.html?url=files/mat-mentalimages_shaders_ArchitecturalMaterialMultiOut.htm,topicNumber=d30e651327