Web support for Subscription users?
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Web support for Subscription users?
Today I wanted to report the "send to" issue to Autodesk Support in my subscription Center, as I did with many other issues before since I'm on subscription. But today I got this:
My subscription is valid to dec. 2013.
What has happend? Anyone else on subscription getting this? A subscription without support is even less worth that it is with it.
Is there a subscription option with and without support?
Quote from AD website:
"Technical Support
Resolve issues online with Autodesk® product support specialists who can help with installation, configuration, and other needs. Stay on top of your company’s support cases with web-based tracking and management. And if you need more, you can purchase premium levels of Autodesk technical support."
That states clearly, that technical support is part of the standard contract.
So they managed to screw that up as well? ..... .... ..... .........!
I'm really speechless. Now I can't even report the issues that make SI unusable for me? So I got NOTHING! I paid and got NOTHING! SCREW YOU AUTODESK!
My subscription is valid to dec. 2013.
What has happend? Anyone else on subscription getting this? A subscription without support is even less worth that it is with it.
Is there a subscription option with and without support?
Quote from AD website:
"Technical Support
Resolve issues online with Autodesk® product support specialists who can help with installation, configuration, and other needs. Stay on top of your company’s support cases with web-based tracking and management. And if you need more, you can purchase premium levels of Autodesk technical support."
That states clearly, that technical support is part of the standard contract.
So they managed to screw that up as well? ..... .... ..... .........!
I'm really speechless. Now I can't even report the issues that make SI unusable for me? So I got NOTHING! I paid and got NOTHING! SCREW YOU AUTODESK!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
If you just renewed, it is obviously an error.
I'd bug https://twitter.com/AutodeskHelp. They have people in each geo, so someone should be online to answer.
Or:
If you can sign-in, try the Contact Us link.
If you cannot signin, try this.
The Sub Center seems to be having some problems the last day or two. I barely managed to get to the Downloads yesterday. Mostly I would get to a page that said:
EDIT EDIT: Actually one of the "instructions" did get me to the download page, so I misspoke.
I'd bug https://twitter.com/AutodeskHelp. They have people in each geo, so someone should be online to answer.
Or:
If you can sign-in, try the Contact Us link.
If you cannot signin, try this.
The Sub Center seems to be having some problems the last day or two. I barely managed to get to the Downloads yesterday. Mostly I would get to a page that said:
EDIT: The instructions were not helpful, btw.Hello!
You have reached this page because we have experienced a problem resolving your request. Please follow the instructions below to help us get you what you need:
EDIT EDIT: Actually one of the "instructions" did get me to the download page, so I misspoke.
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
I can login in my subscription center. My contract is there with a valid end date, but I can't request technical support (which I did last jan. 2013)xsisupport wrote:If you just renewed, it is obviously an error.
I'd bug https://twitter.com/AutodeskHelp. They have people in each geo, so someone should be online to answer.
Or:
If you can sign-in, try the Contact Us link.
If you cannot signin, try this.
The Sub Center seems to be having some problems the last day or two. I barely managed to get to the Downloads yesterday. Mostly I would get to a page that said:
EDIT: The instructions were not helpful, btw.Hello!
You have reached this page because we have experienced a problem resolving your request. Please follow the instructions below to help us get you what you need:
EDIT EDIT: Actually one of the "instructions" did get me to the download page, so I misspoke.
I am already in contact with subscription support, they tell me my gold support level ended 2011 and was continued with bronze level.
But I changed nothing with my subscription contract, but I updated from softimage to the premium suite, so it is possible someone else screwed up as well.
So if that were true, the basic support mentioned in the subscription "benefits" brochure would be - browsing forums. So they make you pay extra if they release a buggy product. I'm so done with this company. The only way to get treated worse as a customer is signing a contract with a private phone company.
Edit: if the first thing on twitter you see is "Hi, confirming that Maya 2014 is a very robust piece of software.." then you know there will be a lot to laugh about.
Edit: I paid for gold support, I checked. So Autodesk messed up again.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
fyi, the different levels of Autodesks' support offerings:
http://usa.autodesk.com/support-offerings/
I'm not sure what might of happened (or not) in your case, but its possible their may have been some confusion when you went from Softimage to a Premium Suite, because some products have different levels of support available.
Softimage subscription, only comes with Advanced Support (previously known as Gold), but with a Premium Suite customers have the option of purchasing just subscription, which includes Basic support (previously known as Silver), or they can purchase subscription with Advanced Support.
I'm not able to confirm, but I'm guessing that if you still wanted the same level of support you had with Softimage, then you would had to have purchased Subs with Advanced Support with your Suite.
http://usa.autodesk.com/support-offerings/
I'm not sure what might of happened (or not) in your case, but its possible their may have been some confusion when you went from Softimage to a Premium Suite, because some products have different levels of support available.
Softimage subscription, only comes with Advanced Support (previously known as Gold), but with a Premium Suite customers have the option of purchasing just subscription, which includes Basic support (previously known as Silver), or they can purchase subscription with Advanced Support.
I'm not able to confirm, but I'm guessing that if you still wanted the same level of support you had with Softimage, then you would had to have purchased Subs with Advanced Support with your Suite.
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
I have a bill that clearly says I paid for a subscription renewal with gold support for my suite after my upgrade. the same goes for my last (as in last) renewal dec. 2012.Bellsey wrote:fyi, the different levels of Autodesks' support offerings:
http://usa.autodesk.com/support-offerings/
I'm not sure what might of happened (or not) in your case, but its possible their may have been some confusion when you went from Softimage to a Premium Suite, because some products have different levels of support available.
Softimage subscription, only comes with Advanced Support (previously known as Gold), but with a Premium Suite customers have the option of purchasing just subscription, which includes Basic support (previously known as Silver), or they can purchase subscription with Advanced Support.
I'm not able to confirm, but I'm guessing that if you still wanted the same level of support you had with Softimage, then you would had to have purchased Subs with Advanced Support with your Suite.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
EDIT: There's obviously a problem in the Sub Center related to your account. Usually this means there's something wrong in the back-end data (I often used to see multiple accounts for a single customer, and Sub Center would be using the wrong one).
Even Basic subscription includes Web support.
See Exhibit A in the Terms and Conditions
Here's a screenshot:

Even Basic subscription includes Web support.
See Exhibit A in the Terms and Conditions
Here's a screenshot:

-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
Yes, that's what I thought. This is a mess.
I have only one account/one user.
Thanks Steve, your support is still better that the one I get from Autodesk.
I have only one account/one user.
Thanks Steve, your support is still better that the one I get from Autodesk.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
who knows, the autodesk web sites have been all screwed up this week. in Chrome, for example, if you did't clear your cache you couldn't log into anything anymore
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
I got this response from AD Customer "service"luceric wrote:who knows, the autodesk web sites have been all screwed up this week. in Chrome, for example, if you did't clear your cache you couldn't log into anything anymore
Quote:
"Thank you for contacting Autodesk.
Kindly take note that our records show, that Gold Web Support ended on 30th of december 2011. The licence continued with bronze (subscription but no support). If this is wrong, please contact your reseller for immediate resolution.
Best regards,
Laurent Lauper
Global Customer Service & Operations"
End quote
My gold support was definitely valid until dec. 2012 so this is a wrong statement.
Also "subscription but no support"? This is what falls out of a bovines behind. Who would buy that? I think they don't know what they talking about. They obviuosly didn't even bother to check my account.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
I still strongly suspect that there is garbage in the backend data. It probably happened when you changed from Gold on Softimage to Advanced on the Suite.
It sounds like customer service is looking at your old Softimage contract.
Bronze was the "no support" option, but that no longer exists, and hasn't for almost a year.
Of course, that doesn't help you. Do you have a reseller to deal with?
It sounds like customer service is looking at your old Softimage contract.
Bronze was the "no support" option, but that no longer exists, and hasn't for almost a year.
Of course, that doesn't help you. Do you have a reseller to deal with?
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
I sent all my receipts and bill to support. Let's see what happens, in the meantime I will contact the reseller I had that time. Again hours wasted.xsisupport wrote:I still strongly suspect that there is garbage in the backend data. It probably happened when you changed from Gold on Softimage to Advanced on the Suite.
It sounds like customer service is looking at your old Softimage contract.
Bronze was the "no support" option, but that no longer exists, and hasn't for almost a year.
Of course, that doesn't help you. Do you have a reseller to deal with?
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
Today I got this from support:
"Sehr geehrter Herr Dietze,
Unsere IT-Abteilung bestätigt, dass in Ihrem Vertrag mit der letzten Bestellung Ueberträge falsch syncronisiert wurden.
Diese arbeiten zur Zeit daran."
Which means:
"Our IT-Department confirms, that with your latest order carry-overs were not correctly synchronized. They are currently working on the issue."
That's it, not even an apology.
Funny, this is a company that provides cloud services. You know what cloud computing means? Vaporizing data! They seem to be good at it.
I advice anyone to check your contract details.
"Sehr geehrter Herr Dietze,
Unsere IT-Abteilung bestätigt, dass in Ihrem Vertrag mit der letzten Bestellung Ueberträge falsch syncronisiert wurden.
Diese arbeiten zur Zeit daran."
Which means:
"Our IT-Department confirms, that with your latest order carry-overs were not correctly synchronized. They are currently working on the issue."
That's it, not even an apology.
Funny, this is a company that provides cloud services. You know what cloud computing means? Vaporizing data! They seem to be good at it.
I advice anyone to check your contract details.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
Ok, now after having the IT department trying to fix for two weeks whatever they messed up, I now don't have access to my subscription center at all. I'm thinking to start to discuss this with my lawyer.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
Week three. Autodesk's IT Department was still not able to fix my account. Still no support.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Web support for Subscription users?
Wow, after 4 week I have now access to web support in my subscription center, although my contract data is not yet fixed. Now imagine you depend on this service to even start your applications. You'd be screwed. It doesn't need a hacking attack or internet breakdown to cause a lot of damage. One lazy or incompetent AD genius will be sufficient....
I'm now part of an endangered species...