Hi Members,
Can it be possible to collide a strand with another piece of strand ( in the same pointcloud ) ?
THANKS,
G
Strand with Strand Collision
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: Strand with Strand Collision
Strands are just point positions so you can't really collide them I don't believe. You may be able to apply a force to push them away from each other though if you're using some sort of setup to simulate strands.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Strand with Strand Collision
If particles can collide with each other then strands should be able to do it, no?
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: Strand with Strand Collision
If you are doing a rigid body sim I believe so.
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Strand with Strand Collision
There are limitations, not possible to query the strands position by "get closest location" node, for example. Perhaps this is drawback of some built-in optimization. Long story short, could be much, much harder to get strand-to-strand collision.Bullit wrote:If particles can collide with each other then strands should be able to do it, no?
-
Gemini7
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:09
- Skype: gemini4147
Re: Strand with Strand Collision
Thanks for all the replies.
Good ideas i got.
I will write if i get somewhere in the stuff.
G
Good ideas i got.
I will write if i get somewhere in the stuff.
G
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: Strand with Strand Collision
this guy seems to have it figured out
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: Strand with Strand Collision
I would bet this ice setup is huuuge ;)
Maybe he gonna share it for educational purpose but without an indepth Ice knowledge I guess you won't get much out of it.
Maybe he gonna share it for educational purpose but without an indepth Ice knowledge I guess you won't get much out of it.