http://gfxspeak.com/2013/04/22/autosolv ... al-motion/
Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
the second I saw maya's interface was the instant I decided I'm not interested. I'm that prejudiced.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
You need to rest a bit, get the stress out, maybe a visit here :
http://www.rivieramaya.com/
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
heh... I was kinda joking you know. Kinda... 
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
It looks interesting, the automated analysis bit specifically. So is it freeware? Didn't quite find definite info on pricing.
-
Nick3d
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 12:16
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
I'm waiting a fisheye lens for my micro camera to test this software properly
From what I saw the process is a bit tedious due to the fact that you use multiple tools to get facial motion capture, but once you setup all your stuff you're ready to go
Interesting thing is the "shape recognition", means that the retargeting is based on eyes-nostrils-mouth tracked shapes
Is not freeware, and isn't cheap, but I guess the target is towards big studios instead of small developers
From what I saw the process is a bit tedious due to the fact that you use multiple tools to get facial motion capture, but once you setup all your stuff you're ready to go
Interesting thing is the "shape recognition", means that the retargeting is based on eyes-nostrils-mouth tracked shapes
Is not freeware, and isn't cheap, but I guess the target is towards big studios instead of small developers
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
Just found this, looks kind of similar, but using a Kinect to capture face animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxT0Xti4yG0
http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/pinocchio
On the site it typically says nothing about Soft, but in the comments on the youtube page it says it connects to Facerobot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxT0Xti4yG0
http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/pinocchio
On the site it typically says nothing about Soft, but in the comments on the youtube page it says it connects to Facerobot.
Did you find pricing info then? Where? I looked but nothing, giving me the impression the software is free and the hardware isn't.Nick3d wrote:Is not freeware, and isn't cheap, but I guess the target is towards big studios instead of small developers
-
Nick3d
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 12:16
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
I tested Faceshift hooked up to Facerobotdruitre wrote:Just found this, looks kind of similar, but using a Kinect to capture face animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxT0Xti4yG0
http://labs.autodesk.com/technologies/pinocchio
On the site it typically says nothing about Soft, but in the comments on the youtube page it says it connects to Facerobot.
Did you find pricing info then? Where? I looked but nothing, giving me the impression the software is free and the hardware isn't.Nick3d wrote:Is not freeware, and isn't cheap, but I guess the target is towards big studios instead of small developers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBEE1ix5BEA
Good idea, but 30fps does not allow you to get good tracking ( unless you spoke slowly
Regarding Faceware technology I contacted them a bit ago.
You can use the software for free, you'll pay what you export, and the price is based on seconds.
Not sure if I can discuss pricing since it was a private conversation, so if you're interested you'll better ask them directly ;)
Of course the hardware is not free at all, you can buy it or build it by yourself, the data is generated by cameras with wide angle lens, so once you get the video you can process the data
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Faceware Retargeter for Softimage and others
Thanks for the info. I agree that speed seems to be too low atm for Faceshift to produce good enough quality captures. Still amazing enough to see what's possible with Kinect.