poly to nurb?

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

poly to nurb?

Post by gaboraa » 23 Apr 2013, 11:27

Back then there was an operator for turning meshes into nurbs but I lost record of the commend and also I am not sure if it is still available in Softimage. The code was something like this: ApplyOp PolyMeshPNet. Is it still the part of softimage or should I look elsewhere?

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: poly to nurb?

Post by Bullit » 23 Apr 2013, 12:11

It was useless. If i am not mistaken every poly was turned into a surface.

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: poly to nurb?

Post by gaboraa » 23 Apr 2013, 13:47

Yes I am aware of the Softimage's nurbs abilities so I am sure it was useless. Does anyone know a solid way to turn poly mesh into nurbs? FBX supports nurb export and I might give it a try if any other software can do it.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: poly to nurb?

Post by Bullit » 23 Apr 2013, 19:31

Maya has it but i don't know how good it is. Other i know is Geomagic Studio.

User avatar
gaboraa
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 21:14

Re: poly to nurb?

Post by gaboraa » 24 Apr 2013, 13:16

thanks