Can anyone confirm that Strand rendering in Softimage 2014 is broken. We use Arnold, but tried with Mental Ray just to double check and it renders the strands wrong.
Any ideas?
Strands in Soft 2014?
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Strands in Soft 2014?
there's post on 3Delight forum, talking about the same result. So it's a triple check. All three negative.
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
-
grahamef
- Posts: 281
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 19:01
Re: Strands in Soft 2014?
Wrong in what way? I'm getting strands to render fine here.
Note that the sample scenes in the ICE subdirectory weren't set up for rendering but for showing the ICE side of things. In particular, in the Strand_Dynamics_Hair scene mentioned on the 3Delight forum, all the lights have their Render Visibility turned off for some unknown reason (it's the same in 2013 and before). I'm not a member or I would have posted there.
Take a look in the Rendering subdirectory for some examples of rendering strands, e.g., ICE_TrailSpiral.
Note that the sample scenes in the ICE subdirectory weren't set up for rendering but for showing the ICE side of things. In particular, in the Strand_Dynamics_Hair scene mentioned on the 3Delight forum, all the lights have their Render Visibility turned off for some unknown reason (it's the same in 2013 and before). I'm not a member or I would have posted there.
Take a look in the Rendering subdirectory for some examples of rendering strands, e.g., ICE_TrailSpiral.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Strands in Soft 2014?
Strands work in Softimage 2014. I cannot repro any problems with mental ray, and strands work with Arnold. Strands should work with any third-party render as long as they recompile against the 2014 XSI SDK.