Hi
Maybe there is a thread with this did have a quick look, but could also be a very stupid question.
How do you create a custom output size in pixels - example 2480 x 3508 pixels (widthxheight). without getting a distortion on the lense/camera. I have tried to change the diameters in output-render manager but either the dimensions are correct or the distortion is correct but can't get both simultaneously, hope this makes sense? I know this is possible in other 3D packages so would be great if I could do this?
any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks
custom camera output size (pixels)
-
sonictk
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01
Re: custom camera output size (pixels)
Hi:
1. Make sure you've set your camera to the correct aspect ratio in your viewport (Camera > Properties)
2. Make sure that you've specified the correct output size and aspect ratio under the Render Manager (Render > Render Manager > Scene Render Options)
This should allow you to specify a custom output size and pixel aspect ratio if necessary.

1. Make sure you've set your camera to the correct aspect ratio in your viewport (Camera > Properties)
2. Make sure that you've specified the correct output size and aspect ratio under the Render Manager (Render > Render Manager > Scene Render Options)
This should allow you to specify a custom output size and pixel aspect ratio if necessary.

-
cnever
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 09:02
Re: custom camera output size (pixels)
Thanks for the feedback sonictk - I tried all of that but my combination might of been wrong - it alwayse catches me off guard, is it just me or can SI make this a little more user friendly?
What I did or currently doing (just figured it out now) I go to preferences> output format. Make sure everything is on custom and also on custom in render manager and then if you hit apply in the pref menu it works. But prehaps this is completely wrong.
Will get back to you about the other option.
Thanks
What I did or currently doing (just figured it out now) I go to preferences> output format. Make sure everything is on custom and also on custom in render manager and then if you hit apply in the pref menu it works. But prehaps this is completely wrong.
Will get back to you about the other option.
Thanks
-
sonictk
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01
Re: custom camera output size (pixels)
That will work too, on a global basis. Either way will work fine, just a matter of workflow.cnever wrote:Thanks for the feedback sonictk - I tried all of that but my combination might of been wrong - it alwayse catches me off guard, is it just me or can SI make this a little more user friendly?
What I did or currently doing (just figured it out now) I go to preferences> output format. Make sure everything is on custom and also on custom in render manager and then if you hit apply in the pref menu it works. But prehaps this is completely wrong.
Will get back to you about the other option.
Thanks
Rendering in XSI is heavily centered around passes, moreso than Maya or 3ds max (thus the super-convoluted UI related to it) but you can always use the Render > Preview option if you just want a single frame from a single pass like how Maya/3ds max does it.