Seems very interesting. Check it out. Being open source maybe some savy SI coders implement the simulator. In any case:
http://www.rchoetzlein.com/fluids3/
Found an OpenSource GPU fluid simulator.
-
nuverian
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 21:25
- Location: Greece
Found an OpenSource GPU fluid simulator.
Portfolio / Blog
http://www.nuverian.net
http://www.nuverian.net
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: Found an OpenSource GPU fluid simulator.
Wow that looked fantastic!
-
Yanik
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 15 Aug 2012, 19:16
Re: Found an OpenSource GPU fluid simulator.
Awesome. I'm (navier) stoked about it. Really cool that it's open source.
There's some small mistakes in the sim where you have some floating particles ignoring gravity.
I hope they implement rigid body collisions soon, otherwise it's not very useful for us. But it is on the wishlist of the developer.
Unfortunately for AMD users it's CUDA only.
There's some small mistakes in the sim where you have some floating particles ignoring gravity.
I hope they implement rigid body collisions soon, otherwise it's not very useful for us. But it is on the wishlist of the developer.
Unfortunately for AMD users it's CUDA only.
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Found an OpenSource GPU fluid simulator.
How is this very different than this?
https://www.si-community.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2056
For me, I think the simulator is not the big problem for us people in SI-world. It's not being able to render them out properly or with enough creative control. (like foam/small detail separated from main body of fluid)
cheers, Jasper
https://www.si-community.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2056
For me, I think the simulator is not the big problem for us people in SI-world. It's not being able to render them out properly or with enough creative control. (like foam/small detail separated from main body of fluid)
cheers, Jasper