Null Set on Sphere Matrix Issue

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Falam

Null Set on Sphere Matrix Issue

Post by Falam » 08 Apr 2013, 04:12

Image
Image

How come I can't get the null to move the sphere ? I set the data on the sphere.global matrix ?

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Null Set on Sphere Matrix Issue

Post by Pancho » 08 Apr 2013, 09:31

Why should it move? You are setting a custom attribute, not KINE.global.

NNois
Posts: 754
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33

Re: Null Set on Sphere Matrix Issue

Post by NNois » 08 Apr 2013, 11:42

you are mistyping your set data...
sphere.global must be sphere.kine.global

edit: the best, if you don't know well getting and setting datas is to use a setup like that (the name "value" in the set data mean you leave the port empty)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Falam

Re: Null Set on Sphere Matrix Issue

Post by Falam » 08 Apr 2013, 13:32

Stupid me.
Image
A weight map exists on the sphere, why the error ?

Edit: Oh wait, I can't get a weight map from a kinematics ?

caledonian_tartan
Posts: 253
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13

Re: Null Set on Sphere Matrix Issue

Post by caledonian_tartan » 08 Apr 2013, 13:49

Oh wait, I can't get a weight map from a kinematics
you pull the weights from Sphere.kine.global. but it should come from Sphere only
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

Falam

Re: Null Set on Sphere Matrix Issue

Post by Falam » 08 Apr 2013, 13:57

caledonian_tartan wrote:
Oh wait, I can't get a weight map from a kinematics
you pull the weights from Sphere.kine.global. but it should come from Sphere only
I understand, only the sphere data :)