hi guys
I try create geometry which emit particles based on black/white texture (black color emit particles, white -no emission).
Simply saying- i want to use mask.
Please, tell me what steps should I do. I'm not ICE specialist, so seemingly simple things takes me a lot of time.
I will be very grateful for the tips.
regards
ICE particle mask - how to?
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: ICE particle mask - how to?
I would say put the texture in a texture map and then get one of the color/brightness etc nodes to drive the emission parameters.
Another way is to get a weightmap and paint like the texture.
Edit: not necessary, put a filter by texture map in Execute on Emit1 , you find it at bottom of Emit node
Another way is to get a weightmap and paint like the texture.
Edit: not necessary, put a filter by texture map in Execute on Emit1 , you find it at bottom of Emit node
-
flashgordy
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 12:57
Re: ICE particle mask - how to?
tx Bullit for reply !
when i use "filter by texture map" i must go to GET/PROPERTY/TEXTURE MAP/TEXTURE MAP - I can use only textures in file formats - like tga, png etc what about procedural textures?
I have animated procedural texture (fractal) and I have not got idea how I could use it as a mask for particles.
Is there a solution to maybe convert procedural textures in to files? or maybe render to uv- so I could assign later rendered frames to model
any other solution would be appreciated
regards
when i use "filter by texture map" i must go to GET/PROPERTY/TEXTURE MAP/TEXTURE MAP - I can use only textures in file formats - like tga, png etc what about procedural textures?
I have animated procedural texture (fractal) and I have not got idea how I could use it as a mask for particles.
Is there a solution to maybe convert procedural textures in to files? or maybe render to uv- so I could assign later rendered frames to model
any other solution would be appreciated
regards
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: ICE particle mask - how to?
I don't know. maybe someone with more knowledge than me will answer.
Can't you render the procedural texture and use it as a map?
Can't you render the procedural texture and use it as a map?
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: ICE particle mask - how to?
Rendermap the procedural texture.
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: ICE particle mask - how to?
Hi, if it´s a fractal why not doing the invert ?
Generating a turbulence with ice on your emitter via ice (fractal) on a weightmap and emit with that. Then using your weight map to texture your object ...
Generating a turbulence with ice on your emitter via ice (fractal) on a weightmap and emit with that. Then using your weight map to texture your object ...
-
flashgordy
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 12:57
Re: ICE particle mask - how to?
dwigfor: Do You know the way which could I render frames sequence in "render map" (get/property/render map) - generally looks to nice idea, but i have 1200 frames to render ;)
NNois: Your advice sound great, I do not want to strain your kindness, but if this wouldnt a big problem for you, please write step by step what should i do. I will be very grateful.
-------------------------------------------------
EDIT
I found a script to render map sequence
1. assign shader with texture to geometry (constant shader)
2. assign "get/property/render map" to geometry- set up resolution and file format - tga,png,jpeg etc
3. clik geometry and open script window
4. paste code below and click "run" - default directory is c:/test/
oNM = Selection(0).name
Set Prop = ActiveSceneRoot.AddCustomProperty ("Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM)
Set cStart = prop.AddParameter3 ("Start",2,0)
Set cEnd = prop.AddParameter3 ("End",2,100)
Set cName = prop.AddParameter3 ("Name",8,"Enter A name for the Map")
Inspectobj "Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM, , ,4
oStart = cStart.Value
oEnd = cEnd.Value
oName = cName.value
Logmessage cStart.Value
Logmessage cEnd.Value
Logmessage cName.Value
DeleteObj "Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM
for i = oStart to oEnd
SetValue "PlayControl.Current", i
'Translate , i, 0, 0, siAbsolute, siLocal, siObj, siXYZ, , , , , , , , , , 0
SetValue oNM&".RenderMap.imagefilepath", "C:\test\"&oName&"_0"&i&".png"
'SetValue oNM&".RenderMap.imagefilepath", "C:\test\"&oName&".png"
'
RegenerateMaps oNM&".RenderMap"
next
NNois: Your advice sound great, I do not want to strain your kindness, but if this wouldnt a big problem for you, please write step by step what should i do. I will be very grateful.
-------------------------------------------------
EDIT
I found a script to render map sequence
1. assign shader with texture to geometry (constant shader)
2. assign "get/property/render map" to geometry- set up resolution and file format - tga,png,jpeg etc
3. clik geometry and open script window
4. paste code below and click "run" - default directory is c:/test/
oNM = Selection(0).name
Set Prop = ActiveSceneRoot.AddCustomProperty ("Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM)
Set cStart = prop.AddParameter3 ("Start",2,0)
Set cEnd = prop.AddParameter3 ("End",2,100)
Set cName = prop.AddParameter3 ("Name",8,"Enter A name for the Map")
Inspectobj "Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM, , ,4
oStart = cStart.Value
oEnd = cEnd.Value
oName = cName.value
Logmessage cStart.Value
Logmessage cEnd.Value
Logmessage cName.Value
DeleteObj "Rendermap_Sequence_"&oNM
for i = oStart to oEnd
SetValue "PlayControl.Current", i
'Translate , i, 0, 0, siAbsolute, siLocal, siObj, siXYZ, , , , , , , , , , 0
SetValue oNM&".RenderMap.imagefilepath", "C:\test\"&oName&"_0"&i&".png"
'SetValue oNM&".RenderMap.imagefilepath", "C:\test\"&oName&".png"
'
RegenerateMaps oNM&".RenderMap"
next