Cinema 4d r15?
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Cinema 4d r15?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrs1sm14 ... 0A&index=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICyORRsn ... e=youtu.be
This is a (poor) preview of Maxon NAB event:
http://www.c4dlive.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICyORRsn ... e=youtu.be
This is a (poor) preview of Maxon NAB event:
http://www.c4dlive.com/
-
wireframex
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
- Location: France
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Don't you like softimage because you used to talk about other software ;)
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Oh no, here I'm one of few guys that like SI 2014 
anyway, cinema is too expensive and do not offer nothing I just don't have, so I have no reason to switch or use it like companion.
anyway, cinema is too expensive and do not offer nothing I just don't have, so I have no reason to switch or use it like companion.
-
ojo3D
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 13:17
- Location: SP / Brazil
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Well, I guess it won't hurt to wait until next week to see if it's good to continue my C4D studies.
I do think C4D is expensive too, but for Archiviz, product design, some advertising and mograph it's a very well suited app. Problem is when I decide to make my short ... well, that's why I study Softimage. =]
I do think C4D is expensive too, but for Archiviz, product design, some advertising and mograph it's a very well suited app. Problem is when I decide to make my short ... well, that's why I study Softimage. =]
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
if you just have softimage, buy and take subscription for cinema is really expensive option.
-
ojo3D
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 13:17
- Location: SP / Brazil
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Well, I have student license of Softimage and thinking of buying the student for C4D (been playing with the demo). I got a good deal if I purchase the student of C4D since I'll get a discount on the commercial purchase.
On the other hand, SoftImage is free, but no discount when I upgrade to commercial. I've been playing with both because this are the ones I feel most comfortable. But in terms of Brazil CG industry, I should be learning 3ds or Maya, since most productions companies here uses it.
Guess I'll try my chances in freelance work. o/
EDIT: One more teaser up ... this time about motion graphics. Guess I'll have to wait. =]
http://youtu.be/fCKLuRIR1g0
On the other hand, SoftImage is free, but no discount when I upgrade to commercial. I've been playing with both because this are the ones I feel most comfortable. But in terms of Brazil CG industry, I should be learning 3ds or Maya, since most productions companies here uses it.
Guess I'll try my chances in freelance work. o/
EDIT: One more teaser up ... this time about motion graphics. Guess I'll have to wait. =]
http://youtu.be/fCKLuRIR1g0
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Cinema 4D lite integrated into AfterFX
Funny that the best tool that Autodesk has against Cinema 4D is Softimage. Actually it is the best Autodesk tool against competition: Houdini and Cinema4D.
Some Autodesk higher ups with fetish for Maya would be hirked...
What about that Fxtree?
Funny that the best tool that Autodesk has against Cinema 4D is Softimage. Actually it is the best Autodesk tool against competition: Houdini and Cinema4D.
Some Autodesk higher ups with fetish for Maya would be hirked...
What about that Fxtree?
-
ojo3D
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 13:17
- Location: SP / Brazil
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
This partnership between Adobe and Maxon will probably dominate even more the motion graphics field. Of course ICE does provide better opportunities, but for the motion graphics guy who never dealt with 3D or didn't wanted to buy a 3D software, this bundle is crazy.
Even though it's a lite version, it'll come for free and it's really nice. From what I saw in this video, there are no particles, but the MoGraph tab is there, so great power. We just have to see if After will increase it's price.
As for Softimage, I do think the same. It's not that Maya or Max don't do stuff, but I have used Max before and there are so many steps you have to do or setup to make something simple that I find even C4D to be more streamlined. Now ... we have to see if Maxon will put aside their character animation tools. They're are not the best, but with C4D price tag, it should be a all around complete package. But it's seems they're going to focus on motion graphics work more and more.
That bundle would be perfect for me. But the filmmaker in me still wants to do some animation short stories, so Softimage keeps me in the loop.
Even though it's a lite version, it'll come for free and it's really nice. From what I saw in this video, there are no particles, but the MoGraph tab is there, so great power. We just have to see if After will increase it's price.
As for Softimage, I do think the same. It's not that Maya or Max don't do stuff, but I have used Max before and there are so many steps you have to do or setup to make something simple that I find even C4D to be more streamlined. Now ... we have to see if Maxon will put aside their character animation tools. They're are not the best, but with C4D price tag, it should be a all around complete package. But it's seems they're going to focus on motion graphics work more and more.
That bundle would be perfect for me. But the filmmaker in me still wants to do some animation short stories, so Softimage keeps me in the loop.
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
I'd much rather see what can be done with greater interop between Maya/Soft and Flame, or more importantly, Smoke.Bullit wrote: What about that Fxtree?
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
While that synergistic sounds great, it does not seem like it is what has been driving development. A couple releases ago interop with AE was implemented in Max. Inhouse tools like Composite (Toxic), Flame and Smoke were left out in the cold.
On the flipside, they are not trying to go against the tide... and at least they know this stuff is going to actually be used by somebody.
On the flipside, they are not trying to go against the tide... and at least they know this stuff is going to actually be used by somebody.
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
ojo3D
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 13:17
- Location: SP / Brazil
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
I do wish Composite would get some love. I like playing with it more than After Effects, but in the end you have more power with After because Composite isn't touched in a wile.
And it's the best way to learn "Smoke" on a PC.
(in a way, of course)
And it's the best way to learn "Smoke" on a PC.
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Surely nuke interop should be number one priority? Given the amount its used in most post houses?
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
There were some promising ICE-FXtree connections.I'd much rather see what can be done with greater interop between Maya/Soft and Flame, or more importantly, Smoke.
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Flame, Smoke! Neither of these on Windows PC, unfortunately. And flame is what, 50,000$+?I'd much rather see what can be done with greater interop between Maya/Soft and Flame, or more importantly, Smoke.What about that Fxtree?
I made the fxtree as a Shake-like compositor. I like it very much, but After Effect is a layer-based, motion graphic-y app that it another world. Try to make a sequence of cuts in the fxtree (or something as simple as text) and you're dead in the water. The vector paint is also not where it should be. I was a big fan of Combustion.. but apparently not many people liked it even when it was just 400$ and supported AE plug-ins. I'm just saying.. if you were doing motion graphics with XSI, you'd probably ignore the fxtree and use AE directly rather than try some kind of interop
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Flame absolutely has its place, but it's more suited in a certain environment. Smoke is alot more attractive now that it's on the Mac and its new price.luceric wrote:Flame, Smoke! Neither of these on Windows PC, unfortunately. And flame is what, 50,000$+?Bellsey wrote:I'd much rather see what can be done with greater interop between Maya/Soft and Flame, or more importantly, Smoke.Bullit wrote: What about that Fxtree?
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Cinema 4d r15?
Busy playing with smoke 2013 and while its a bit of a headfudnugget to begin with its has an amazing amount of potential. If only they could have turned Illusion into something similar.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University