Hi Community
I have a strange Rigid Body Cache entry in a scene I'm working on. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, but I haven't been able to find how it got into the scene or how to remove it!
The scene doesn't even have any Rigid Body Dynamics in it (and never has as far as I'm concerned).
Strange Cache Entry in Scene File
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Strange Cache Entry in Scene File
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: Strange Cache Entry in Scene File
Does anyone have any ideas on this?
I really worry about scenes with strange content and would really like to 'clean' it up if possible!
I really worry about scenes with strange content and would really like to 'clean' it up if possible!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Strange Cache Entry in Scene File
There appears to be very little information about this problem online, the only thing I have been able to dig up was this ancient thread from the Mailing List. As a general rule, however, I would strongly advise you to do nothing. As long as it doesn't cause any problems in your current scene, like you suggest, I'd simply leave it at that. The English proverb "let sleeping dogs lie" seems to apply here. If you try to delete this file, chances are you'll break your whole scene and that just isn't worth it, as long as you're sure, keeping it in doesn't interfere in any meaningful way with your scene.
;)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Strange Cache Entry in Scene File
It is not a strange entry or a problem, unless you can prove that it is added without doing anything related to rigid bodies.
Did you check the scene for any rigid body-related properties?
For example, if you make an object an active rigid body, then that file reference is created.
Did you check the scene for any rigid body-related properties?
For example, if you make an object an active rigid body, then that file reference is created.
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: Strange Cache Entry in Scene File
Thanks for the replies!
As far as I am concerned, I haven't added any rigid bodies at all, the scene is completely keyframed animation. The only thing I can put it down to, is that I have imported a number of Models (not all created by me) and one of them has some rigid body properties!
Once the pressure has eased off on this job, I'll have a more thorough search through the scene to see if I can locate the culprit!

As far as I am concerned, I haven't added any rigid bodies at all, the scene is completely keyframed animation. The only thing I can put it down to, is that I have imported a number of Models (not all created by me) and one of them has some rigid body properties!
Once the pressure has eased off on this job, I'll have a more thorough search through the scene to see if I can locate the culprit!
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Strange Cache Entry in Scene File
Just look at the Environments in the Explorer. Look under the Caches folders.