General ICE Workflow Question

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Falam

General ICE Workflow Question

Post by Falam » 28 Mar 2013, 22:49

I have general question about ICE. I'm a 'new driver' at ICE, today I was experimenting with a simple ICE tree. I had a sphere and a box, I created the ICE tree on the sphere, got and set point positions for the sphere and added the box with a simple add node. How come when I move the box the sphere moves and not the other way around, since the ICE Tree is on the sphere ? This may be considered a 'stupid' question, all I can say is I'm learning, if you want to ridicule, go ahead.

User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: General ICE Workflow Question

Post by gustavoeb » 28 Mar 2013, 22:54

If you are setting values for the sphere only sphere values will change. According to your description you are not changing any values on the box only using them to change the sphere.
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Falam

Re: General ICE Workflow Question

Post by Falam » 28 Mar 2013, 22:58

gustavoeb wrote:If you are setting values for the sphere only sphere values will change. According to your description you are not changing any values on the box only using them to change the sphere.
Oh, I was thinking this is how it may work, wasn't sure :) I'll keep this thread silent incase 'Falam stupid ICE questions' arise :)

Thank you :)

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: General ICE Workflow Question

Post by angus_davidson » 28 Mar 2013, 23:00

For what its worth Ill be doing a lot of the same type of questions as I attempt to ICE next semester ;)
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

Falam

Re: General ICE Workflow Question

Post by Falam » 28 Mar 2013, 23:18

angus_davidson wrote:For what its worth Ill be doing a lot of the same type of questions as I attempt to ICE next semester ;)
We are the 'annoying' stupid ICE people :)

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: General ICE Workflow Question

Post by angus_davidson » 29 Mar 2013, 07:37

Had to say it. The Ice ICE Babies ;)
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: General ICE Workflow Question

Post by angus_davidson » 29 Mar 2013, 10:00

There a lot of good ICE training on digital tutors. With 2 sets fo introductory training available even on a trial account

One of them is http://www.digitaltutors.com/lesson/18985-Introduction-and-Project-Overview
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University