Crowd FX question

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Cyberika
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 20:48
Location: BCN

Crowd FX question

Post by Cyberika » 27 Mar 2013, 21:13

Hey guys, this my first post here :) .
First off all I would thank to those guys who created this amazing website. So , my question I believe is very noob.
Trying to play with ICE crowd FX I found it very flexible tool for crowd sim. But the problem is that I can't figure out how to add more than two materials per cluster. As example I used CrowdFX_Stadium_Waving scene from ICE examples. There in the Add_Material_Set ICE tree are all nodes that do this. I have created the same system for my characters. It works perfectly with two materials using Integers as material ID but like I said above I can't figure out how to use third material.
If this explanation was not enough for understand my problem, pleas tell me and I'll try to explain more explicitly.
Sory for my bad english ;)

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Bullit » 28 Mar 2013, 02:40

CrowdFX has got some issues with materials.
I think a search here and in mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/xsi_list will give you some answers.

Cyberika
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 20:48
Location: BCN

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Cyberika » 28 Mar 2013, 08:36

Bullit wrote:CrowdFX has got some issues with materials.
I think a search here and in mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/xsi_list will give you some answers.
Thanks! A lot of info there :) .

Cyberika
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 20:48
Location: BCN

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Cyberika » 28 Mar 2013, 09:46

Bad thing that I can't post there :(

User avatar
Nolan
Posts: 56
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 21:47

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Nolan » 08 Apr 2013, 10:27

Here is a video about applying materials to crowds

http://xsisupport.com/2012/04/18/coloring-crowds/
Nolan
Second Nature Ltd
www.2ndNature.co.nz

Cyberika
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 20:48
Location: BCN

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Cyberika » 08 Apr 2013, 11:45

Nolan wrote:Here is a video about applying materials to crowds

http://xsisupport.com/2012/04/18/coloring-crowds/
Thank you!

User avatar
Nolan
Posts: 56
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 21:47

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Nolan » 08 Apr 2013, 20:34

ICE Guide > ICE CrowdFX > CrowdFX Actors > Modifying the Actor's Materials and Textures

http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... A358D9.htm

I had problems the first time I did this and wrote down the following:

"You need to use a Texture Projection Called Texture_Coordinates_AUTO but also load the Proxy and change it to the UVWs under this name.

Then you need to apply the latest created CrowdMaterial and setup an image node and select the projection
"
Nolan
Second Nature Ltd
www.2ndNature.co.nz

Cyberika
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 20:48
Location: BCN

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Cyberika » 09 Apr 2013, 14:00

OK. Thank you! Now it works perfectly.

Chris Chia
Posts: 18
Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 03:10

Re: Crowd FX question

Post by Chris Chia » 19 Apr 2013, 02:07

try using new Crowdfx in Softimage 2014...