Unfold: Change of experts?

New plugins, tools etc.
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Mar 2013, 11:51

In the most recent line-up for the Meet the Experts at the Unfold event
(next to Adam Sale) Product Manager Daniel Tutino-Galletti
seems to have been replaced by Chris Vienneau
(Director, M&E Product Management),
who now features as an expert on all 5 teams...
It probably means nothing, or is there any significance?
Are our friends from Autodesk perhaps allowed to comment?
:-\
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 23 Mar 2013, 14:15

I only find the absence of marc schoenagel significant. I bet HE knows why.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by Bellsey » 23 Mar 2013, 15:30

Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:I only find the absence of marc schoenagel significant. I bet HE knows why.
Actually not really, nothing to read into here.
These particular types of events, including any of the big trade shows (GDC, NAB, Sigg, IBC, etc) that we attend, are generally handled by our events and technical marketing teams. These include guys like Daryl (Maya/Mobu), Craig Barr (Maya/Mudbox) and Chris Murray (Max), who are listed on the unfold site, and who you likely see presenting in the theatre at any of our booths. Unfortunately we haven't had much Softimage coverage in this team, so it appears we've brought in Adam Sale (great guy) to help us in this event.

I'm sure many will wonder why guys like Mark step up and do this stuff guys, but like myself, Mark, Sidd etc, aren't part of these teams, we're in M&E Technical Sales. Our time often gets filled up and stretched doing activities for our local sales teams in the field.

As for ChrisV being included, I have no idea, but I can see he's the only PM guy listed on all the products, so Soft hasn't been singled out.

User avatar
xsi_fanatic
Posts: 283
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 01:08

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by xsi_fanatic » 23 Mar 2013, 16:02

Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:I only find the absence of marc schoenagel significant. I bet HE knows why.
He couldn't make it. His VW is still broken.

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by luceric » 23 Mar 2013, 16:02

Mark is going to demo at the GDC Autodesk booth, but I'm not sure which products he'll be demoing. I was glad to read Adam Sale (ironic name in this case) was asked to do the softimage feature videos this year, we were not very good at doing them.

EricTRocks
Moderator
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by EricTRocks » 23 Mar 2013, 17:24

xsi_fanatic wrote:
Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:I only find the absence of marc schoenagel significant. I bet HE knows why.
He couldn't make it. His VW is still broken.
Why are you tossing digs at Mark as if he had any decision in doing the demos at the event?
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken

User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by Rez007 » 23 Mar 2013, 17:50

I think Mark is a great guy and I have always looked forward to his presentations. With his personality and energy, I always thought he was the perfect "front-man" for Softimage. Heck, he was the one that got me to come to Softimage when I saw him at a Boston Siggraph a while ago.

User avatar
Daniel Brassard
Posts: 878
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by Daniel Brassard » 23 Mar 2013, 21:53

Adam Sale is a great choice of expert. He is active and well respected in the Softimage community. You can reach him on the Softimage Mailing List.

His tutorials can be found here.

http://vimeo.com/thejoncrow/videos
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

Falam

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by Falam » 23 Mar 2013, 23:25

I do want to see more of Marks VW, that is amazing, the work involved. :-bd

DanielGTG
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 16:52
Location: Montreal

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by DanielGTG » 25 Mar 2013, 15:05

Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time reader to this forum. This isn't quite the introduction I had in mind to the community (i was planning on posting a new topic introducing myself) but in any case, hi :)

I'm Daniel, the new Product Manager for Softimage. I've been working with Cory for the last few months on transitioning to this my new role and am taking the PM lead on Softimage going forward.

To add some additional background to Grahams's comments about the change of experts, unfortunately the timing of the unfold event (based in Montreal) conflicted with my upcoming travel schedule to San Francisco where I, along with the rest of the Product Managers under Chris Vienneau, will be attending GDC to meet with customers live. If anyone from the Softimage community is planning to attend GDC, I'd be happy to talk in person at the Autodesk booth; just ping me here or ask for me at the show. Like others have already commented, we have Adam (a true expert) lined up to answer questions at the unfold event. Registration and question submission are still open (at the time of me writing this) so please don't miss out.

Thanks,
Daniel
Daniel Tutino-Galletti
Maya Product Manager

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Mar 2013, 15:17

Thanks for the explanation and welcome to the si-community!
Your participation will surely be appreciated (even if we're a "tough crowd")
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

EricTRocks
Moderator
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by EricTRocks » 25 Mar 2013, 15:24

Thanks for stopping by Daniel. Please keep coming back. We're a crowd that likes communication from the higher ups on the other side.
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken

User avatar
McNistor
Posts: 605
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by McNistor » 25 Mar 2013, 15:31

Hi Daniel,
I'm looking forward to your future input.
-
McNistor
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by rray » 25 Mar 2013, 15:34

Hi + welcome! And congrats too for PM promo. I think that's a good development, I mean this role not being time-shared anymore.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

User avatar
grendizer
Posts: 94
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
Skype: uforobotgrendizerus

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by grendizer » 26 Mar 2013, 22:28

Hey Daniel, welcome here. \m/ It's nice you join the community.

In this video : http://area.autodesk.com/2014unfold/products/softimage.html#team , you're talking about the principal product designer, but I didn't understand his name, "Stefan Rougher"? I'd like to know who's the guy with a long history of using Softimage in production.

I'm a bit disapointed by the 2014, I would have wished for what people call a "hero feature". At least one.
Or perhaps... bring back the battle against Maya, THAT was fun. And it was inspiring important updates to the app, that were great for the user AND for Softimage's reputation.

But knowing the main designer is an experienced Softimage user is reassuring for the future.
Keep up the good work!

See you,
Grendizer

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Unfold: Change of experts?

Post by xsisupport » 26 Mar 2013, 22:41

stefan rueffer
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage