Hi.
I'm trying to export a character (to fbx) that I've rigged with GEAR. As you might know, GEAR's deformers are implicit cubes, and fbx doesn't support implicit geometry.
Softimage help just said that I need to convert them to something else, but didn't say how to do it.
Anyone know of any way to convert the deformers into something else than implicit cubes (maybe nulls or poly cubes)?
Converting implicit prims for fbx export
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
-
Jho
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 06:57
Re: Converting implicit prims for fbx export
Thanks, man of few words 
I managed to convert the deformers with a python script like this:
Although I have to do it one by one.
Then a new problem surfaced, the animation still doesn't work. I managed to get it working by tweaking the _init_ file in ...\gear_1.1.0\modules\gear\xsi\rig\component.
Now I have to bake the animation before exporting, but it's working, so...
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I managed to convert the deformers with a python script like this:
Code: Select all
for oObject in Application.Selection:
lCreated = Application.Convert( "NurbsSurface" , oObject)
Then a new problem surfaced, the animation still doesn't work. I managed to get it working by tweaking the _init_ file in ...\gear_1.1.0\modules\gear\xsi\rig\component.
Now I have to bake the animation before exporting, but it's working, so...
Any advice is greatly appreciated.