python tool not found in softimage
-
Falam
python tool not found in softimage
I have Python 2.6 set in my environment variable for windows. I have Python 2.7.3, PyQT and PyWin32-214 installed and followed the steps as directed on the authors web site for this tool. I can't see within File > Import ?
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: python tool not found in softimage
1) Python 2.6 or 2.7.3?
2) You also need PyQtForSoftimage.
3) Does the system Python work in Softimage?
4) What error, if any, do you get when you install the addon? You can reload the plugin in the Plug-in Tree to repro any errors.
2) You also need PyQtForSoftimage.
3) Does the system Python work in Softimage?
4) What error, if any, do you get when you install the addon? You can reload the plugin in the Plug-in Tree to repro any errors.
-
Falam
Re: python tool not found in softimage
The environment variable is set to 2.6. PyQT for Softimage is installed, didn't mention thatxsisupport wrote:1) Python 2.6 or 2.7.3?
2) You also need PyQtForSoftimage.
3) Does the system Python work in Softimage?
4) What error, if any, do you get when you install the addon? You can reload the plugin in the Plug-in Tree to repro any errors.
Code: Select all
# ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "<Script Block 2>", line 22, in <module>
# import sip
# ImportError: No module named sip
{within MultiImporterQT.py}-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: python tool not found in softimage
That's the same error you get if you install the addon without PyQT and PyQTForSoftimage. So...
-
Falam
Re: python tool not found in softimage
xsisupport wrote:That's the same error you get if you install the addon without PyQT and PyQTForSoftimage. So...


-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: python tool not found in softimage
What I meant was: you still get the same error as if you didn't have those things installed, so that's where you need to start your investigation.
Why aren't those things found by the plugin?
Why aren't those things found by the plugin?
-
Falam
Re: python tool not found in softimage
Originally, you sounded as though I didn't have the right extensions installed, therefore my replied followed.xsisupport wrote:What I meant was: you still get the same error as if you didn't have those things installed, so that's where you need to start your investigation.
Why aren't those things found by the plugin?
Edit:
I have Python 2.6 set in my system environment path, and it works, because I have turned off to use Python with Softimage, GEAR no longer works, can't I use system python with GEAR (2.7) rather then Softimage python ?
-
Chris Chia
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 18 Apr 2013, 03:10
Re: python tool not found in softimage
Doesn't this mean that you don't have SIP module in your system python?Falam wrote:The environment variable is set to 2.6. PyQT for Softimage is installed, didn't mention thatxsisupport wrote:1) Python 2.6 or 2.7.3?
2) You also need PyQtForSoftimage.
3) Does the system Python work in Softimage?
4) What error, if any, do you get when you install the addon? You can reload the plugin in the Plug-in Tree to repro any errors.The system python for Softimage works. The error I recieve is; which appears to be a script error.
Code: Select all
# ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last): # File "<Script Block 2>", line 22, in <module> # import sip # ImportError: No module named sip {within MultiImporterQT.py}
Try launching Python 2.6 in your terminal and import SIP to see if it recognises