UV seam stretching problem

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
scriblab
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 10:14

UV seam stretching problem

Post by scriblab » 28 Feb 2013, 19:28

Hi there!

I have a problem with my UV seams on subdivided meshes in Softimage.

As you can see (attached image) along the seams the UVs stretching awfully. I know that this problem is how the
UVs are smoothed software internally BECAUSE: I was able to test the same mesh in Maya and it
looks the same BUT there is under "Extra Controls" -> "Map Border" -> "smooth all" a checkbox that
solves that problem! But in Softimage I cant find such control?!?!

I can reduce that stretching by adding lots of edge loops but isnt the purpose of subdees to
avoid that?

Ive encountered this problem so many times and asked in a lot forums what to do about this issue
but nobody could help me out. It is NOT possible that there are so many people working with Softimage
and never solved this problem.

So please: help if you know the solution!

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

arda3d
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 Aug 2011, 08:51

Re: UV seam stretching problem

Post by arda3d » 01 Mar 2013, 13:55

I have never been able to found a tricky solution for this situation, for me, the best way is increasing the model detail somehow.. :-B

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: UV seam stretching problem

Post by origin » 01 Mar 2013, 14:36

There is no option to turn off border uv smoothing which is a PITA. I hope for opensubdiv in all 3d/paint apps as a standard...