The topic says it, but it might need some explanation ;)
What I'm looking for is basically a blog/twitter alike webapp, but with the functionality of a webforum.
And by that I mean the ability to create groups, assign rights to the groups, add people to the groups assign groups to certain blogs.
Also the ability to email comments or 'follow ups' to the people in the group or assigned to the blogpost. Just like a webforum does.
The blog/twitter part is more the visual representation of the app. You see the first post with an image or video, and the blogged comments.
Also on the page there's a list of original blog postings, so you can jump between them and read comments.
I've been looking into stuff like Joomla with extensions, but it might be the case that something already exist out there in a more simpler form.
And last but not least, preferably it has to be open source....
cheers for any tips into the right direction,
rob