Paint geometry onto surface?

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
sonictk
Posts: 124
Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01

Paint geometry onto surface?

Post by sonictk » 19 Feb 2013, 05:07

Is there any equivalent in XSI of being able to paint geometry onto surfaces, kind of like this script for Maya?

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downl ... /sppaint3d

I know the solution is probably to do it in ICE, but would anyone be kind enough to write out a workflow of how one would approach doing so? I'm entirely new to using ICE in SI, and I was just wondering how people do things like low-poly grass for environments in SI instead of just duplicating objects and placing them manually across an entire surface.

Thanks!

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Paint geometry onto surface?

Post by mattmos » 19 Feb 2013, 08:50


User avatar
sonictk
Posts: 124
Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01

Re: Paint geometry onto surface?

Post by sonictk » 19 Feb 2013, 11:11

What the hell, I was googling like mad and searching through this forum as well...didn't see this. I feel bad. :X

Thanks!