I have been reading this forum a lot lately and learning tons.
Now I am running in to the following problem.
I would like to make an effect in which particles attract each other but limit the number of particles to a specific number.
So coagulate force does a lot of this already but I can't get it to make it such that only 2 particles will attract each other.
I can set it such that a single particle only is attracted to another but not that the other is only attracted to the first.
So I would like a situation in which particle A only attracts particle B and particle B only attracts particle A.
A <--> B
With coagulate you can make it that A only looks at a single particle and attracts B but B can just as easily attract a new particle C, and I still end up with a clump of particles in which I cannot control the total number.
A --> B <--> C
Where should I start looking if I want such a situation?
Thanks for the great forum!
How to set specific Coagulate to number particles?
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: How to set specific Coagulate to number particles?
cool, Ive always liked coagulate force.
the node you are looking for is get neighbouring particles. here is a likely setup where if it is true (less than 1 nearby) it pulls together if it is false it pushes away
for optimising you can set to max search to 2 or 3 in the get neighbours as this node can be quite computationally expensive with lots of particles
the node you are looking for is get neighbouring particles. here is a likely setup where if it is true (less than 1 nearby) it pulls together if it is false it pushes away
for optimising you can set to max search to 2 or 3 in the get neighbours as this node can be quite computationally expensive with lots of particles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
Kareltje
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 13 Feb 2013, 14:11
Re: How to set specific Coagulate to number particles?
Thanks!
It sort of works.
I still need to figure out the correct values for the cutoff range and the attraction / rejection forces because now it still sometimes turns into a giant ping pong machine.
It sort of works.
I still need to figure out the correct values for the cutoff range and the attraction / rejection forces because now it still sometimes turns into a giant ping pong machine.