flower wave

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
slowdive
Posts: 35
Joined: 07 Sep 2011, 20:52

flower wave

Post by slowdive » 13 Feb 2013, 22:26

I modeled some flowers in xsi a while ago, a japanese anemone for this particular one, and Im trying to see what I can do in an ICE simulation as follows.

1. a wave of flowers in a ripple form, one in the air they slow down and start to coriolis or vortex around the middle in front of the camera.

So its essentially a ground plane set as an emitter, a wave deformable object as a collide object, and probably some forces to maintain its structure and slow the particles down- so they don't fly totally off-screen.


tried a couple of things like,

flow along curve,
bounce from surface <--- crashes if you use the same surface as emitter but I guess that must make some sort of cyclical redundancy, in other words "don't do it".

the xsi default sim forces like vortex

I don't know if I should keep a static amount of particles or have them generate by rate. I have tried both and got different results.

Has there been stuff like this before? Want some screenshots??

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: flower wave

Post by Bullit » 14 Feb 2013, 08:50

This might help you https://sites.google.com/site/tekanoice ... ers-part-i

check part 2 too.