I dont remember where i read this but its getting out of control and frustrating.
Time ago i've downloaded a scene of an user that clearly had the student version, and since then everytime i open my scenes softimage tells me the file was created using a student version of Softimage.
I own the commercial version, have no idea why this message keeps popping up.
Does anyone know how to fix this? or force it again per-scene to read the correct license? Its annoyin as hell.
Student version "infecting" commercial version license
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Student version "infecting" commercial version license
Unless something has changed in the last 6 months, scene files have a flag that indicates what version was used to create them.
What happens if you run "printver -l" on one of your own scene files?
I would suspect you opened your own scenes in the same session, after you opened the student scene.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/xsi_list/0qbPylXu1NI
http://wp.me/powV4-UX
What happens if you run "printver -l" on one of your own scene files?
I would suspect you opened your own scenes in the same session, after you opened the student scene.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/xsi_list/0qbPylXu1NI
http://wp.me/powV4-UX
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Student version "infecting" commercial version license
I just used printver -l on this scene which now is "Student version"
here is the log
This Scene is a Student Version
This Scene was built with version: 11.1.57.0
History (from oldest to newest)
5.0.2005.1115::Regular Save
5.0.2005.1028::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0131::Regular Save
5.0.2005.0920::Regular Save
5.11.2006.1019::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0309::Regular Save
6.6.2008.0408::Regular Save
6.6.0000.0000::Regular Save
11.0.69.0::Regular Save
11.0.193.0::Regular Save
11.0.203.0::Regular Save
11.1.57.0::Regular Save
End of History
I've tried on another scene which still isnt infected
and here is the log:
This Scene was built with version: 11.1.57.0
History (from oldest to newest)
5.0.2005.1115::Regular Save
5.0.2005.1028::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0131::Regular Save
5.0.2005.0920::Regular Save
5.11.2006.1019::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0309::Regular Save
6.6.2008.0408::Regular Save
6.6.0000.0000::Regular Save
11.0.69.0::Regular Save
11.0.193.0::Regular Save
11.0.203.0::Regular Save
11.1.57.0::Regular Save
End of History
here is the log
This Scene is a Student Version
This Scene was built with version: 11.1.57.0
History (from oldest to newest)
5.0.2005.1115::Regular Save
5.0.2005.1028::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0131::Regular Save
5.0.2005.0920::Regular Save
5.11.2006.1019::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0309::Regular Save
6.6.2008.0408::Regular Save
6.6.0000.0000::Regular Save
11.0.69.0::Regular Save
11.0.193.0::Regular Save
11.0.203.0::Regular Save
11.1.57.0::Regular Save
End of History
I've tried on another scene which still isnt infected
and here is the log:
This Scene was built with version: 11.1.57.0
History (from oldest to newest)
5.0.2005.1115::Regular Save
5.0.2005.1028::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0131::Regular Save
5.0.2005.0920::Regular Save
5.11.2006.1019::Regular Save
5.2.2006.0309::Regular Save
6.6.2008.0408::Regular Save
6.6.0000.0000::Regular Save
11.0.69.0::Regular Save
11.0.193.0::Regular Save
11.0.203.0::Regular Save
11.1.57.0::Regular Save
End of History
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Student version "infecting" commercial version license
Looks like what Manny described in the first URL I posted.
Workaround is the second URL I posted.
Workaround is the second URL I posted.
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: Student version "infecting" commercial version license
Thanks Stephen, the "model" workaround worked greatxsisupport wrote:Looks like what Manny described in the first URL I posted.
Workaround is the second URL I posted.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Student version "infecting" commercial version license
It's a pain in the butt.
Once I downloaded a scene from this forum. In the meantime the student version infected almost all my scenes. It seems as soon as you save one of your files it becomes a student version if you opened a student version scene before. You always need to quit. Exporting models seems the only way to work. Point is that you can't render these scenes via RR. THis way it's not only getting on your nerves, but clearly f...s up your workflow. I want AD to stop this stuff with the next version. Doesn't help anybody, especially not AD.
Once I downloaded a scene from this forum. In the meantime the student version infected almost all my scenes. It seems as soon as you save one of your files it becomes a student version if you opened a student version scene before. You always need to quit. Exporting models seems the only way to work. Point is that you can't render these scenes via RR. THis way it's not only getting on your nerves, but clearly f...s up your workflow. I want AD to stop this stuff with the next version. Doesn't help anybody, especially not AD.