Hi there,
Does any one have experience making a realistic sea ?
I am looking for advice on building inside Soft or importing from another app, like Realflow. And any shader advice, specifically regarding wakes, splashes and foam.
Thanks
Sea - the best way
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Sea - the best way
Is it just a straight forward tileable ocean or do you need it to interact with anything?
I just used aaOcean on a job and got some pretty good results.
http://www.amaanakram.com/?page_id=131
I just used aaOcean on a job and got some pretty good results.
http://www.amaanakram.com/?page_id=131
-
cheeseburger
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 08:56
Re: Sea - the best way
Hi Sam,
I need an interactive sea for a large ship I've built ...
That aaOcean looks very interesting, any pointers, pro, cons or tips ?
I need an interactive sea for a large ship I've built ...
That aaOcean looks very interesting, any pointers, pro, cons or tips ?
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Sea - the best way
Interactive is more difficult. if you need something very realistic you need to go realflow or lagoa, if fake can work you can remain in Ice.
Here is one Ice example with a ball:
http://www.cgheute.de/en/2010/10/wellen-mit-xsi-ice/
Now try to mix the aaocean with it.
Here is one Ice example with a ball:
http://www.cgheute.de/en/2010/10/wellen-mit-xsi-ice/
Now try to mix the aaocean with it.