Lightwave 11.5
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Lightwave 11.5
I have always wanted to love lightwave. NO matter how much I have tried out various versions in the past , I could just never get past their Modeller which I found highly unintuitive for me. Loved the renderer though.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: Lightwave 11.5
I worked with Lightwave since my first 3D job (almost 20 years ago), 2 years I'm using softimage now and very happy, but I still catch myself using modeler when I need to model something really fast, going back and forth between SI and LW, I also love the renderer.
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: Lightwave 11.5
Having never tried Lightwave this video does not impress me at all - nothing in there we don't already have.
BUT it would be so nice to such a kind of release video for Soft... *sigh* Autodesk....
BUT it would be so nice to such a kind of release video for Soft... *sigh* Autodesk....
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Lightwave 11.5
I started with Lightwave 5.6 wy back then. I loved it. Now it is completely obsolete and redundant. This video doesn't impress me too. Stuff, I could do in ICE myself better. A modeler which can't compete with Modo in any way. And all other stuff won't work if you start and need to alter it or set it up in other environments then the ones they tested them in.
The only thing which is great in LW is it's node based and procedural texturing. Otherwise SI and Modo are far better choices. Though I loved this kind of VPR in SI. That really sucks in Softimage, when you are used to fPRime and now Modo's and LW's vpr.
The only thing which is great in LW is it's node based and procedural texturing. Otherwise SI and Modo are far better choices. Though I loved this kind of VPR in SI. That really sucks in Softimage, when you are used to fPRime and now Modo's and LW's vpr.
-
Falam
Re: Lightwave 11.5
I agree it's not impressive at the least. Lightwave keeps pushing it's self further back then ahead. fPrime is probably one of Lightwave biggest strengths. Unfortunately that is not enough weight to carry the program ahead.Pancho wrote:I started with Lightwave 5.6 wy back then. I loved it. Now it is completely obsolete and redundant. This video doesn't impress me too. Stuff, I could do in ICE myself better. A modeler which can't compete with Modo in any way. And all other stuff won't work if you start and need to alter it or set it up in other environments then the ones they tested them in.
The only thing which is great in LW is it's node based and procedural texturing. Otherwise SI and Modo are far better choices. Though I loved this kind of VPR in SI. That really sucks in Softimage, when you are used to fPRime and now Modo's and LW's vpr.