Understanding a few Softimage Tips

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Falam

Understanding a few Softimage Tips

Post by Falam » 30 Jan 2013, 15:01

I'm trying to understand these two Softimage tips, maybe someone can help. I'm going to quote the original text, as close as I had saved it. I hope these two will be of help to other Softimage users :)
You can see the entire list of XSI commands which can be added to your custom layouts/toolbars by opening the scene explorer and hitting the C key ?
When modeling a character you might want to detach, merge the mesh , when you do so xsi
creates a new polymesh and deletes the old (if you so choose) , well just drag and drop the new polymesh into the now empty Model
structure and it will appear inn the instanced Model structure aswell , so no need to set it all up again ...... ?

caledonian_tartan
Posts: 253
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13

Re: Understanding a few Softimage Tips

Post by caledonian_tartan » 30 Jan 2013, 15:33

You can see the entire list of XSI commands which can be added to your custom layouts/toolbars by opening the scene explorer and hitting the C key ?
i'm not shure, but maybe it's about the SDK explorer. i don't know what a scene explorer is. there's only a scene search and the explorer...
...Model...
if you have two objects under a model (hierarchic) and merge them, the newly created polygonmesh sits under the scene root.
so you have to manually move it under the model(hierarchic) if you want so.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Understanding a few Softimage Tips

Post by luceric » 30 Jan 2013, 16:18

Falam wrote:I'm trying to understand these two Softimage tips, maybe someone can help. I'm going to quote the original text, as close as I had saved it. I hope these two will be of help to other Softimage users :)
You can see the entire list of XSI commands which can be added to your custom layouts/toolbars by opening the scene explorer and hitting the C key ?
we deleted this feature from the software about 6 years ago. where are these tips from?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Understanding a few Softimage Tips

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Jan 2013, 19:12

Both tips seem to have originated from the CGTalk Cool things in XSI no one knows! thread
and both tips (tip 1 & tip 2) are from 2004.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Falam

Re: Understanding a few Softimage Tips

Post by Falam » 30 Jan 2013, 22:30

Thanks everyone. At least one tip is still useful today :)