Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Comments on work in progress
User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by Shredder565 » 21 Jan 2013, 20:42

The other one was so big, I thought it's best to give this one it's own.
acts 1 and 2

act 3


full on vimeo edition


With the episode project complete: One year 2 months, it's now time to make improvements starting with models.. What is wrong with this one? April ONeil

Image

Last edited by Shredder565 on 29 Jan 2013, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rray
Moderator
Posts: 1810
Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by rray » 21 Jan 2013, 22:49

Wow congrats for having gotten through with this til the end! :-bd what a huge effort
I've noticed a green human(oid) @1:43 and red trees @5:41
I'll post some more feedback later.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026

Zafar Iqbal
Moderator
Posts: 169
Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04

Re: Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by Zafar Iqbal » 21 Jan 2013, 23:08

Awesome :D Must say I only watched the intro. I'm in the middle of a project as I'm writing this :)
- Zafar Iqbal

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by Shredder565 » 21 Jan 2013, 23:22

rray wrote:Wow congrats for having gotten through with this til the end! :-bd what a huge effort
I've noticed a green human(oid) @1:43 and red trees @5:41
I'll post some more feedback later.
this whole thing was meant as a learning process. each shot was done in order starting in october 2011 on. with one or two updates along the way on really bad looking shots. I'm one of those people that can't concentrate....i start one thing, stop it, and then go on to another. by the next month, i'll have 5 unfinished projects that i never get back too...so if anything, it was an endurance test :).

Re:Colors. yeah... there will be some mis matched stuff early on. This was before i learned that xsi also had an ink blotter like photo shop does. I was able to slightly better color match things at the 10:00 mark. should be real noticeable WHEN it started :).

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by Shredder565 » 10 Feb 2013, 05:41



over time, all new shots, all new models, all new timing. starting with the first three scenes. Slowly trying to get an exact a match as possible.

User avatar
gustavoeb
Moderator
Posts: 587
Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
Skype: gustavoboehs

Re: Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by gustavoeb » 10 Feb 2013, 13:17

Shredder565 wrote:
rray wrote:i start one thing, stop it, and then go on to another. by the next month, i'll have 5 unfinished projects that i never get back too...
I know what you are talking about. Congratulations on the project man, it is a huge task for one man only and you seemed really focused.
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by Shredder565 » 13 Feb 2013, 04:38

it's a slow work in progress.. i hope it's looking better than the last one


User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: Complete Ninja Turtles CGI episode Review thread..

Post by Shredder565 » 13 Feb 2013, 05:02



The Two intro's..old 2011 version and start of the new 2013 one..side by side..which do you like better, and what can still be improved on?