Scene lighting wit control image

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
kcsaba
Posts: 26
Joined: 01 Jun 2011, 09:42
Skype: csabakanal
Location: Budapest/Hungary

Scene lighting wit control image

Post by kcsaba » 21 Jan 2013, 11:50

Hi guys,

I have read somewhere an article abut a guy who lit hes scenes with some kind of control image. He used that image to control the light intensity. The image contains various colour samples like this one http://www.goboprojectorrental.com/wp-c ... olors1.png He shared that image or scene with the community. I guess he is using xsi. If anyone know something about this would be awesome!!
Thank you!
csk

User avatar
csaez
Posts: 253
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
Skype: csaezmargotta
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Scene lighting wit control image

Post by csaez » 21 Jan 2013, 14:36

The closest thing I can remember is an old post in xsiblog, dunno if it's the same article you're talking about but seems like a similar technique :)

Cheers!

User avatar
kcsaba
Posts: 26
Joined: 01 Jun 2011, 09:42
Skype: csabakanal
Location: Budapest/Hungary

Re: Scene lighting wit control image

Post by kcsaba » 22 Jan 2013, 10:47

csaez wrote:The closest thing I can remember is an old post in xsiblog, dunno if it's the same article you're talking about but seems like a similar technique :)
Cheers!
Thank you very much but this isn't that.
csk

User avatar
kcsaba
Posts: 26
Joined: 01 Jun 2011, 09:42
Skype: csabakanal
Location: Budapest/Hungary

Re: Scene lighting wit control image

Post by kcsaba » 23 Jan 2013, 11:35

I still searching for the post, but hopefully I have found the zipped scene on my hard drive. This is the link if someone need it: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14744848/arnol ... derout.rar
Other info about machbet chart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_chart
csk