Cool rigging reel of Jan Pijpers.

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
Kerro Perro
Posts: 306
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Cool rigging reel of Jan Pijpers.

Post by Kerro Perro » 11 Jan 2013, 21:59

Just wanted to share this really cool rigging reel with you guys:


User avatar
talent103
Posts: 183
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
Location: New York City

Re: Cool rigging reel of Jan Pijpers.

Post by talent103 » 16 Jan 2013, 18:09

Very Very Cool!

User avatar
YKChou
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 17:30

Re: Cool rigging reel of Jan Pijpers.

Post by YKChou » 24 Jan 2013, 20:58

Woah, I haven't seen a lot of rigging reels, but this is amazing!
On the side note, I am interested in the Tech Artist Side and Rigging aspect of 3D art,
what are some of the knowledge a professional rigger shouldknow? Is CompSci background required?
Thank you in advance.

User avatar
csaez
Posts: 253
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
Skype: csaezmargotta
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Cool rigging reel of Jan Pijpers.

Post by csaez » 24 Jan 2013, 21:29

YKChou wrote:Woah, I haven't seen a lot of rigging reels, but this is amazing!
On the side note, I am interested in the Tech Artist Side and Rigging aspect of 3D art,
what are some of the knowledge a professional rigger shouldknow? Is CompSci background required?
Thank you in advance.
Hey YKChou,
Linear Algebra and some analytical thinking skills are very welcome, but it's like everything, you don't need to be an expert to start something new.
Just be open to learn new things on the fly and try to stay away from procrastination :)

I love this video, some great tips for any aspiring TA.


User avatar
YKChou
Posts: 7
Joined: 13 Dec 2012, 17:30

Re: Cool rigging reel of Jan Pijpers.

Post by YKChou » 26 Jan 2013, 06:17

csaez wrote: Hey YKChou,
Linear Algebra and some analytical thinking skills are very welcome, but it's like everything, you don't need to be an expert to start something new.
Just be open to learn new things on the fly and try to stay away from procrastination :)

I love this video, some great tips for any aspiring TA.

Thank you for the reply csaez!
I have just gone through several other TA interview videos on Youtube,
they are all very interesting and insightful!
Will definitely look more into the subject!

Falam

Re: Cool rigging reel of Jan Pijpers.

Post by Falam » 26 Jan 2013, 06:41

csaez wrote:
YKChou wrote:Woah, I haven't seen a lot of rigging reels, but this is amazing!
On the side note, I am interested in the Tech Artist Side and Rigging aspect of 3D art,
what are some of the knowledge a professional rigger shouldknow? Is CompSci background required?
Thank you in advance.
Hey YKChou,
Linear Algebra and some analytical thinking skills are very welcome, but it's like everything, you don't need to be an expert to start something new.
Just be open to learn new things on the fly and try to stay away from procrastination :)

I love this video, some great tips for any aspiring TA.

Good 'ol procrastination :) Gotta love it !