Deform curve by ICE

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Deform curve by ICE

Post by Pancho » 04 Jan 2013, 21:30

I didn't think it such a big fuss, but it seems to be. I want to deform a curve by an object. Actually the curve is supposed to glide over an object. But I can't get it to work. Get point position doesn't work on a curve. Why NOT! So I can't raycast anything or get a closest location. What am I doing wrong? Is there a workaround?

Cheers
Pancho

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Deform curve by ICE

Post by Bullit » 05 Jan 2013, 00:13

Strands are deformed by objects so it might be possible.

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Deform curve by ICE

Post by mattmos » 05 Jan 2013, 00:25

Can you use the deform/shrinkwrap option rather than ICE?

User avatar
csaez
Posts: 253
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
Skype: csaezmargotta
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Deform curve by ICE

Post by csaez » 05 Jan 2013, 01:49

PointPosition works fine with curves.

The lines you see in the viewport are produced by an interpolation between the points (just like subd on polymeshes), so if you need a more precise control over the shape of the curve just add more points/resolution (create/curve/fit on curve) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.