I have been out of the xsi loop for a while-
Now every app has its own ( tweaks ) to get this result.
and I am trying to remember how linear workflow for softimage works.
The last thing I remember doing was
changing preferences >display and preference > rendering to set the renderer to "linear workflow"
now I have been having the "double gamma" effect in some of my renders when applying the MRphysical sky shader into the mix with gi and fg.
I am honestly not sure at this time what is causing it. I think it has something to do with the photographic exposure in the camera shaders. Its gamma is currently set to 1 but I cant remember if that is the correct setting or the "wrong one".
I have been doing a lot more Vray max related work so it is hard for me to keep the "where to gos" in check atm.
Apologies if it is a redundant question on the forum-
Any info is appreciated, I have checked the following places and I feel even more ignorant than when I started.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps ... D=12544120
http://community.softimage.com/forum/au ... ma/page-1/
http://www.genecrucean.com/2011/07/13/l ... softimage/
Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags
I added "http://" to the second link as our URL tags do not like links NOT starting with "www" or "htpp://" - HB
mr sun sky and linear workflow
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: mr sun sky and linear workflow
Its a problem with Softimage and I logged it to be fixed.
Here is a temp solution http://gohde.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/s ... ess-issue/
Here is a temp solution http://gohde.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/s ... ess-issue/
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: mr sun sky and linear workflow
I reported this as back as Softimage 6.0.
It's on a pile of 'to be fixed' somewhere, but don't keep your hopes up.
I moved away from MR some time ago, never had any feelings of remorse.... ;)
I wrote some stuff about linear workflow some time ago, just follow the blog link.
And there's the Kobayashi pages on linear workflow and sun/sky: http://kobayashystips.blogspot.nl/
rob
It's on a pile of 'to be fixed' somewhere, but don't keep your hopes up.
I moved away from MR some time ago, never had any feelings of remorse.... ;)
I wrote some stuff about linear workflow some time ago, just follow the blog link.
And there's the Kobayashi pages on linear workflow and sun/sky: http://kobayashystips.blogspot.nl/
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
jackalhoun
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 15:42
Re: mr sun sky and linear workflow
I'll look at these straight away,
I have been modeling in soft ( since I don't really feel comfortable else yet) for my demoreel. but I wanted to know what I was doing wrong. There was always a lot of follow up I'd have to do with every release and it detracted from the actual learning process ( learning whats new) by the time I got the hang of something the next release was out.
thanks to you both.
I have been modeling in soft ( since I don't really feel comfortable else yet) for my demoreel. but I wanted to know what I was doing wrong. There was always a lot of follow up I'd have to do with every release and it detracted from the actual learning process ( learning whats new) by the time I got the hang of something the next release was out.
thanks to you both.