Constant Transparency Issue with intersecting Particles

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
manuelriedl
Posts: 9
Joined: 13 Mar 2012, 14:15
Skype: manuel.riedl
Location: Vienna

Constant Transparency Issue with intersecting Particles

Post by manuelriedl » 30 Dec 2012, 14:15

Hi everyone,
I don't know if anyone has had the issue before, but when I apply a constant/phong/lambertian shading for a point cloud, the transparency doesn't work for intersecting particles.. The particle shape/size, etc. does not make a difference, but somehow the architectural shader seems to interpret it correctly.

I am using Softimage 2013

Cheers,
Manuel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

angelous4x
Posts: 133
Joined: 06 Nov 2011, 04:24
Location: new York

Re: Constant Transparency Issue with intersecting Particles

Post by angelous4x » 16 Jan 2013, 20:55

you need to put the shader on the geo that you are instancing not the point cloud.

Or it might be you don't have high enough secondary ray in your MR setting.