Is there anyway to read the values of a RenderTree shader? For instance, the Fractal_Scalar & Particle_Density nodes?
SI already has a mechanism for defining 3D volume data. Dont wanna have to recreate the wheel if I dont have to.
RenderTree Shader Values
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: RenderTree Shader Values
From where?TwinSnakes007 wrote:Is there anyway to read the values of a RenderTree shader?
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
TwinSnakes007
- Posts: 316
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00
Re: RenderTree Shader Values
I dunno....just hoping there was a way via the SDK?
Like, I'm trying to support 3D volume data (point density). SI already has some shader nodes that help define that dataset. So, was just wondering is there anyway to read them or is it all on the MentalRay side?
Like, I'm trying to support 3D volume data (point density). SI already has some shader nodes that help define that dataset. So, was just wondering is there anyway to read them or is it all on the MentalRay side?
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: RenderTree Shader Values
They're all in DLLs I assume so probably with some (or a lot of?) effort you could trick them into thinking you're being mental ray (Pass them a fake state struct etc..).
This would be a hack though, I don't think there's a supported way of talking to shaders.
Or did you mean, the shader settings?
This would be a hack though, I don't think there's a supported way of talking to shaders.
Or did you mean, the shader settings?
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
TwinSnakes007
- Posts: 316
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00
Re: RenderTree Shader Values
Nope, I mean the calculated particle density values from a typical render tree setup for volume particles.rray wrote:Or did you mean, the shader settings?
-
face
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:28
Re: RenderTree Shader Values
Calculated output values are calculated in the renderer so it shouldn´t give a simple way to read they...
The problem is also that the output values are rgba color values.
face
The problem is also that the output values are rgba color values.
face