Post
by Bellsey » 24 Dec 2012, 11:20
It was a perfectly valid point made and one that I thought would appear when the news of the meeting was released.
We're not intentionally or deliberately focusing on London, though it does look that way. Ever since Cory and Stefan have taken over some of the responsibilities for Softimage, we've been keen to get the guys over here to EMEA from some customer visits. And since they started, we've been talking with the SIC guys about how we could maybe facilitate things better, or get more feedback from the community to the teams.
When any of the product teams go and see customers, we're often constrained by things like time and budget. When planning Cory's visit, we discussed things with the entire EMEA team and we recognised the fact that it was important to maximise Cory's time as much as possible, also considering that he'd also be seeing Maya customers as well. Considering how popular the SIC London meetings have been and the number of Softimage studios/users we have in London, the best way to see as many people as possible was to host a meeting in London and involve the SIC group.
I know this means that we do miss alot of people out. And unfortunately (sorry Angus) we probably wont be recording this meeting either, due to the confidential information we might be showing. Most people are sensible and respectful of an NDA, although as we've seen this year with some rumours and leaks, there are some that aren't.
As I replied on Twitter, there might be some ways in which I might be able to reach out to EMEA based customers after Cory's visit, and though I can't promise anything, I will look into what might be possible when I'm back on duty in the new year. When planning the visit, we had discussed this scenario of what to do with customers who weren't in London or who couldn't make it.