Opel Kapitaen 1951

Comments on finished work
User avatar
ace63
Posts: 176
Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30

Opel Kapitaen 1951

Post by ace63 » 12 Oct 2009, 20:39

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to show my latest piece of work I did for university, an old 1951 Opel Kapitaen (my favourite oldtimer).
Hope you enjoy - comments & critique are always welcome!

Render:
Image

Wire:
Image

milanvasek
Posts: 143
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 10:12
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Opel Kapitaen 1951

Post by milanvasek » 12 Oct 2009, 20:54

beautiful car!
it would be great to see it with some textures (dirty) and in some environment
Milan Vasek
ceramic artist & softimage fan
http://www.milanvasek.com

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Opel Kapitaen 1951

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 13 Oct 2009, 08:56

I really like the car!
But I think the shader could have some tweaking. What Shader didi you use? I feel it could have some more falloff, the whole thing looks a bit milky.

cheers

Achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
ace63
Posts: 176
Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30

Re: Opel Kapitaen 1951

Post by ace63 » 13 Oct 2009, 15:28

The shader is just a basic architectural - I did not like the reflections the carpaint shader gave me so I tried building my own instead.
I already reduced the falloff but it might still really be too much.

Unfortunately I don't have time to texture the car and place it in a proper scene because university has started again and I got lots off stuff to do :(