Bool Error Warning 3000 ...

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
Frank1000
Posts: 349
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 12:13
Skype: the2he

Bool Error Warning 3000 ...

Post by Frank1000 » 16 Dec 2012, 21:29

Hi,
2 objects i before intersected successfully, now when I want to do the same again won't do the same intersection bool any more. I'm not intersecting on already intersected objects ... i mean booling the original objects again.
I get :

// WARNING : 3000 - Boolean engine did not cope. Result becomes first polygon mesh input.

Image

Didn't find an answer what that is yet ... any hint very appreciated.

Regards,
Frank

forton
Posts: 210
Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57

Re: Bool Error Warning 3000 ...

Post by forton » 16 Dec 2012, 21:50

I had the same problem, also with lightwave modeler back in the days, I think it's the algorithm that can't cope with this specific situation (points at exactly the same position, edges that go trough non-planar poly's etc.), sometimes it helps to move one of the two objects a tiny fraction and try again, also triple poly's might help.
I've heard momentum has better boleans than native softimage, maybe not the answer you were hoping for...

Cheers

Frank1000
Posts: 349
Joined: 16 Oct 2011, 12:13
Skype: the2he

Re: Bool Error Warning 3000 ...

Post by Frank1000 » 16 Dec 2012, 23:20

wow yea ! moved it a bit and bingo !

Image

thx forton.

frank