http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... e=view_all
This was a "mistakes and all" style of recording, alot of it I didn't remember how to do things, or made mistakes, or was doing things I had never tried before.. the uv mapping is probably the most embarrassing bit for me besides the general slowness of the modelling etc since doing uv maps completely in xsi is something I have only ever tried once before. The only part I had tried first before recording was the gear part since I felt the first video I did was a complete waste, I had rotated the rig 180degrees instead of the character, and this left the gear spine broken.. so would have been a 10 min vid on me showing people how to make something completely useless
For the most part it is around 1 hour work for every 10 mins, I think I dragged my feet a bit because I didn't want to dive into the actually making the character work for skyrim part, although that went relatively smoothly.
Will be interesting to see what you guys think on this kind of format of video, like is it a complete waste of time ?
edit: my thinking is people can shove it on at 1080p, stick on your fave music playlist and make good use of the skip to next and previous parts till you find something of interest.. dunno
If I don't get a single reply here or through youtube heh.. dunno if I will give up or not, took a while to do the actual video conversions etc and no-one seems to care, but with new system hopefully it should only be 5mins to convert into something I can upload so time wouldn't be that much of a factor. I could feasibly record everything I do just for fun, be a productive member of the community etc, share what I have learnt over the last too many years, if no-one cares though I might aswell just not. I would never want to become a youtube partner or anything and subject people to adverts hehe, just want to be nice, something I have been meaning to do for many years but hardware is too slow or stuff I have been doing is copyright, or I havent been even doing anything hehe.. sigh