Greetings!
Here you have my final project that I created at Vancouver Film School this year. I hope you like it:
Software used: Maya, Softimage, Mudbox, Zbrush, Mari, Photoshop, Mental Ray and Nuke
It Never Ends
-
Soth3dlife
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 08:38
It Never Ends
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: It Never Ends
This is very well done. Awesome modeling on the tank and character and the image tells a story which is the part that's so often forgotten.
On the wide shot I think the DOF is a bit too intense, it makes it look like it was shot on a miniature set. Just my opinion though. If this was a real shoot, any camera would have a deeper depth of field than that unless it was intentionally reduced. Perhaps the chromatic aberration is a wee bit much as well, it's not usually that noticeable with a decent camera and lens if you're trying to make it match a real shoot look. Just a bit more subtle would be good I think.
Excellent piece! Keep it up
On the wide shot I think the DOF is a bit too intense, it makes it look like it was shot on a miniature set. Just my opinion though. If this was a real shoot, any camera would have a deeper depth of field than that unless it was intentionally reduced. Perhaps the chromatic aberration is a wee bit much as well, it's not usually that noticeable with a decent camera and lens if you're trying to make it match a real shoot look. Just a bit more subtle would be good I think.
Excellent piece! Keep it up
-
Soth3dlife
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 08:38
Re: It Never Ends
thanks for the feedback. Yes, actually I did it on purpose the DOF thing. I felt like I liked it better but you are right, I made some research after finish it and I should've made it different. And you are right again, the teachers have been telling the whole year that the chromatic aberration was too exagerated... thanks for pointing it out, I might change it next week. I am glad you like it:P thanks
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: It Never Ends
Those are pretty minor details and it works better in the video than on the stills. In the stills one has time to pick that out but not so much in the animation.
DOF can be short on close-up shots but usually on wider shots it's pretty subtle. Obvious chromatic aberration would hint at a very cheap lens which likely wouldn't be the case on a nice cinema camera like what is hinted at here.
Again, very nicely done.
DOF can be short on close-up shots but usually on wider shots it's pretty subtle. Obvious chromatic aberration would hint at a very cheap lens which likely wouldn't be the case on a nice cinema camera like what is hinted at here.
Again, very nicely done.
-
SpookyMunky
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 14 Jun 2012, 00:30
Re: It Never Ends
looks great to me
, only thing of note honestly is that I didn't find it clear that it was a snapshot in time, so was wondering why the scorpion wasn't moving, then again why the character wasn't .. I think this is because there is smoke in the background ? .. like why is that moving, found it jarring and would have preferred solid smoke / steam.. That is all I can gripe about though, models, textures, scene, all looks top notch, good job ! 