No stupid names or colors were chosen. No repeat or while nodes were used. Fully compatible with Softimage 2012.
Lastly updated: 24.03.2013
Download: ProceduralTopoPack.zip


I'm not figure out how to do so procedurally yet. And I will probably won't, it's not the topic I'm interested in. You *could* disconnect edges and dice polygons how much you want, but you have to use standard weld operator then, since ICE one is a garbage, it accepts only one pair of vertices at once and since I'm not using repeat nodes anymore I can't do anything here. You can also use EdgeIsHard attribute, but it will cause crash on Softimage 2012.Pancho wrote:Is there a way to triple subdivide a whole mesh? Instead of subdividing each polygon into 4 new polygons, have nine of them? So each edge would be divided into three "subedges"?
Here's a clever approach by Julian Johnson (without repeat node)iamVFX wrote:You *could* disconnect edges and dice polygons how much you want, but you have to use standard weld operator then, since ICE one is a garbage, it accepts only one pair of vertices at once and since I'm not using repeat nodes anymore I can't do anything here.
Thanks for pointing that out, Cesar! Indeed, it's simpler to rebuild the whole mesh than use some of the standard ICE topology nodes.csaez wrote:Here's a clever approach by Julian Johnson (without repeat node)iamVFX wrote:You *could* disconnect edges and dice polygons how much you want, but you have to use standard weld operator then, since ICE one is a garbage, it accepts only one pair of vertices at once and since I'm not using repeat nodes anymore I can't do anything here.
http://groups.google.com/d/msg/xsi_list ... JEIOYm3n4J

It's just a limitation of old version, I fixed that already. If you left Clamp parameters at False value all the polygons would scaled and transform. Bu they're not now.Bullit wrote:Maybe a dumb question , but what is the true node there, i don't remind it.
