Project List Info ?
-
Falam
Project List Info ?
I can't find any information in the documentation as to why, some of my projects in the projects list are labelled and others [W] ?
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Project List Info ?
In the Project Manager, click the Help button.
In the Help TOC, click Maintaining Project Lists.
et voila!
In the Help TOC, click Maintaining Project Lists.
et voila!
-
Falam
Re: Project List Info ?
That I didn't doxsisupport wrote:In the Project Manager, click the Help button.
In the Help TOC, click Maintaining Project Lists.
et voila!
-
Falam
Re: Project List Info ?
I want to correct myself with regards to my last post which made me look as though I didn't look up this information before posting. The documentation does not state why it lists projects as, users & workgroups it just tells me that means user and [W] means workgroup not including how to change a project from a User to a Workgroup or vise versa.Falam wrote:That I didn't doxsisupport wrote:In the Project Manager, click the Help button.
In the Help TOC, click Maintaining Project Lists.
et voila!
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Project List Info ?
Falam wrote:I want to correct myself with regards to my last post which made me look as though I didn't look up this information before posting. The documentation does not state why it lists projects as, users & workgroups it just tells me that means user and [W] means workgroup not including how to change a project from a User to a Workgroup or vise versa.
The documentation does state why:
the labels identify the location of the .xsiprojects file containing each entry
For an individual user, all projects you create will be labeled "" because they will be listed in the .xsiprojects file in the User location.
You can, however, create a .xsiprojects file in a workgroup, and then those projects will be labeled with a "[W]".
The advantage of project lists is that for a given production you can define projects located on shared network drives. Then you can export the list and have all members of the workgroup import the list of projects.
"[F]" is for projects that ship with Softimage.
-
Falam
Re: Project List Info ?
xsisupport wrote:Falam wrote:I want to correct myself with regards to my last post which made me look as though I didn't look up this information before posting. The documentation does not state why it lists projects as, users & workgroups it just tells me that means user and [W] means workgroup not including how to change a project from a User to a Workgroup or vise versa.
The documentation does state why:the labels identify the location of the .xsiprojects file containing each entry
For an individual user, all projects you create will be labeled "" because they will be listed in the .xsiprojects file in the User location.
You can, however, create a .xsiprojects file in a workgroup, and then those projects will be labeled with a "[W]".The advantage of project lists is that for a given production you can define projects located on shared network drives. Then you can export the list and have all members of the workgroup import the list of projects.
"[F]" is for projects that ship with Softimage.
Ah, thank you