dDo ?

Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
Falam

dDo ?

Post by Falam » 09 Dec 2012, 02:04

Has anyone used dDo, how does it compare to xNormal ? I was considering buying it, it seems geared towards game modelling over high polygon modelling, or it doesn't matter ?

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: dDo ?

Post by dwigfor » 09 Dec 2012, 06:56

I haven't tried it, but I thought I read that you use it conjunction with xnormal. First create your normal (ndo, xnormal, crazybump), and then use dDo for texturing.

dDo creates textures, not normal, AFAIK.

Falam

Re: dDo ?

Post by Falam » 09 Dec 2012, 07:23

dwigfor wrote:I haven't tried it, but I thought I read that you use it conjunction with xnormal. First create your normal (ndo, xnormal, crazybump), and then use dDo for texturing.

dDo creates textures, not normal, AFAIK.
You can create your Normals in dDo. dDo progresses at textures ? xNormal and CrazyBump are from my standpoint good for normal maps, while dDo appears to do it all, I just don't get how they apply textures perfectly to parts of a mesh in dDo.

j3st3r
Posts: 121
Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 07:13

Re: dDo ?

Post by j3st3r » 10 Dec 2012, 13:14

dDo needs normal map, AO map, a base texture, a material ID map, and the geometry. Not all mandatory, but if you want good results the more information you feed, the better result it delivers. Beware, now it supports OBJs exported from Maya...

Cheers

Falam

Re: dDo ?

Post by Falam » 10 Dec 2012, 13:27

j3st3r wrote:dDo needs normal map, AO map, a base texture, a material ID map, and the geometry. Not all mandatory, but if you want good results the more information you feed, the better result it delivers. Beware, now it supports OBJs exported from Maya...

Cheers
Base Texture being something simple, I suppose ? I was doing a bit of reading on Material ID passes, can any clarify that all I need to do to create a Material ID pass is give objects, bright constant colors such as, red, green, blue etc ?

User avatar
sonictk
Posts: 124
Joined: 04 Jan 2012, 03:01

Re: dDo ?

Post by sonictk » 12 Dec 2012, 03:50

You can create a base diffuse map with the colour scheme you want (literally just flat colours), provide a normal (or cavity map) and dDo will generate a diffuse map based on that information, with customizable controls (where the dirt appears, how much dirt you want, in cavities/height areas etc.) It's pretty rad and you should be trying out the beta and helping to report bugs. LIKE RIGHT NOW :D

Falam

Re: dDo ?

Post by Falam » 12 Dec 2012, 04:34

sonictk wrote:You can create a base diffuse map with the colour scheme you want (literally just flat colours), provide a normal (or cavity map) and dDo will generate a diffuse map based on that information, with customizable controls (where the dirt appears, how much dirt you want, in cavities/height areas etc.) It's pretty rad and you should be trying out the beta and helping to report bugs. LIKE RIGHT NOW :D
I haven't tried the demo, yet, although it is installed. It appears dDo is mainly good for creating dirt / scratches etc.