having bounds correct on rotation

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
clankill3r
Posts: 131
Joined: 21 Oct 2012, 13:36

having bounds correct on rotation

Post by clankill3r » 07 Dec 2012, 12:36

I get the min and max values of a model to get the bounds.
However, when i rotate it rotate the bounds as well. I want rotation just to affect the size of the bounding.
Let's say we draw the bounding as a box, then on rotation the bounding box should still match the direction of the gird.
Image

How can i achieve this?
I hope you guys understand.

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: having bounds correct on rotation

Post by mattmos » 07 Dec 2012, 12:56

What happens if you just plug the pointposition directly into the 3d vector to scalar node?

clankill3r
Posts: 131
Joined: 21 Oct 2012, 13:36

Re: having bounds correct on rotation

Post by clankill3r » 07 Dec 2012, 14:24

then they rotate with the object.
Now i have some strange kind of rotation.

edit:

got it, i fixed by multiplying by the invert matrix.
Image