For a terrain I use a displacement map via ICE on this grid. Before doing so I need to assign a texture projection XZ. So far so good.
Trouble starts if I want to alter the size (u and v length) or the subdivisions of the grid. It's really useful to use low res for working and high res for rendering. Unfortunately the assigned projection breaks in both cases. For sure the amount of points changing screws up the UVs.
What do I need to do to update the texture projection, so that it works again?
Cheers
Pancho
Primitive > Polymesh > Grid and UVs
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Primitive > Polymesh > Grid and UVs
You could try changing the projection type to implicit instead of explicit.
If that doesn't work, I've tested max's heightfield compound found here:
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =19&t=1435
and following the steps he outlines, (ie applying a texture map property rather than a texture projection) it works on top of changing subdivisions in a grid.
If that doesn't work, I've tested max's heightfield compound found here:
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =19&t=1435
and following the steps he outlines, (ie applying a texture map property rather than a texture projection) it works on top of changing subdivisions in a grid.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Primitive > Polymesh > Grid and UVs
Thanks so much!