Recommendation for a network render manager

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Recommendation for a network render manager

Post by Pancho » 30 Nov 2012, 13:34

I never really rendered with SI, but recently bought into Vray and for the next project need to use all the CPUs available here. I did use Butterfly Network Render with Lightwave years ago and I remember that it's been a pain, as things were tricky to set up. I heard of RenderPal, Deadline and Royal Render, but can't tell what they are worth and how hard it is to work with them. A plug and play solution would be something I'd prefer.

Currently I'd need to set things up for an animation, but rendering just one frame is something which will be important to. Any ideas? Currently I got 4 QuadCores and 4 i7 Quads. So, it's just a small farm.

Cheers
Pancho

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: Recommendation for a network render manager

Post by mattmos » 30 Nov 2012, 13:55

I'd go with Royal Render every time. Works great with softimage and others, can render tiles for stills, provides a good interface and load balancing, and preview frames. Holger is an old school xsi guy and worth supporting as well!

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Recommendation for a network render manager

Post by Pancho » 30 Nov 2012, 15:44

Thanks, Matt!