OctaneRender 1.0 released
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
OctaneRender 1.0 released
Last edited by dwigfor on 11 Dec 2012, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
-
TwinSnakes007
- Posts: 316
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
Yeah, but at least its on the horizon
Currently there are fully integrated plugins for 3ds Max, Maya and Smith Micro's Poser. Coming soon are Daz3D, Autodesk Softimage XSI and more are planned for the future.
-
wireframex
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
- Location: France
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
There is an exporter is being developed by Mr FACE.
http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24365
wireX
http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24365
wireX
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
Looking forward to the final release. Hope the integration be... flawless.
-
benoit81
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:51
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
I think that Arion could be a nice render for softimage. I do not know if the intergration will be good, but it looks very promising ? both CPU + GPU within Softimage should be great...
It should be available before the end of the year if I believe Random Control website.
http://randomcontrol.com/blog/
Maybe both octane + Arion will be aviable as Softimage plugin the same day ??? (or never...)
It should be available before the end of the year if I believe Random Control website.
http://randomcontrol.com/blog/
Maybe both octane + Arion will be aviable as Softimage plugin the same day ??? (or never...)
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
I've been keeping my eye on Arion.
Another I've been keeping a close eye on is the Maxwell Renderer (only CPU but unbiased). It has a very good node based integration into Softimage already, and it's under 1000 euros... but I'm waiting for something somewhat cheaper with a good render node license system that doesn't cost too much extra.... Looking forward to Octane.
Another I've been keeping a close eye on is the Maxwell Renderer (only CPU but unbiased). It has a very good node based integration into Softimage already, and it's under 1000 euros... but I'm waiting for something somewhat cheaper with a good render node license system that doesn't cost too much extra.... Looking forward to Octane.
-
Chris_TC
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 16:43
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
The Softimage exporter works really well, I've used it for tons of stuff in the past. But yeah, I look forward to the plugin. Preview videos of it have been very promising.dwigfor wrote:http://render.otoy.com/index.php
No Otoy Softimage plugin yet..
-
benoit81
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:51
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
I've bought Maxwell and use it only for still images. Rendering time is very long, but the quality is high. When I have an interior scene, I often choose another renderer as Maxwell is too slow. I appreciate that Maxwell support most all 3D software. But softimage integration could be better : when you hide a polygon on an object it is still rendered (whereas mentalray or 3delight hide the hidden polygons), subdivision (+,- key) is not supported (both 3delight & mentalray support this feature), preview material not always update (same with maxwellfire), sometime low res polygons are not rendered properly. Also a regret : Maxwell does not support psd files.Another I've been keeping a close eye on is the Maxwell Renderer (only CPU but unbiased). It has a very good node based integration into Softimage already, and it's under 1000 euros.
-
RichardCulver
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2012, 17:21
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
Thanks for the review on Maxwell. I turned it down for similar reasons. But I am surprised of the many day to day features it does not support I was unaware of.
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
That maxwell doesn't support psds is indeed a hassle, +/- keys for subdivs work though, at my end, plus most updating preview issues (fire) seem to have been solved with the latest plugin release. (all of this based on my using Maxwell for the last two months solid on production).
And the recent pricing strategy has been nice, only 50% of full price. I agree it's somewhat slow for animation though, you need a small farm at least to be able to use it for that. (the 5 nodes you get with a license are no luxury)
And the recent pricing strategy has been nice, only 50% of full price. I agree it's somewhat slow for animation though, you need a small farm at least to be able to use it for that. (the 5 nodes you get with a license are no luxury)
-
face
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:28
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
Here you can see the progress i make with the integrated plugin...
http://www.vimeo.com/album/2185661
face
http://www.vimeo.com/album/2185661
face
-
wireframex
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 21:02
- Location: France
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
Hey Mr Face,
Could you tell us when your plugin will be available ?
Is it possible to test it a bit
Thanks
Phil
Could you tell us when your plugin will be available ?
Is it possible to test it a bit
Thanks
Phil
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory
-
face
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:28
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
When, a good question.
There a some things to do before i can build a beta.
Haven´t any idea when it is done, it is much work for a one man show...
But sooner or later it will be done ;)
face
There a some things to do before i can build a beta.
Haven´t any idea when it is done, it is much work for a one man show...
But sooner or later it will be done ;)
face
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
A preview/teaser of the upcoming Octane Softimage integration,
aptly named Octane4Softimage (now in closed beta) has surfaced:
aptly named Octane4Softimage (now in closed beta) has surfaced:
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Falam
Re: OctaneRender 1.0 released
The renders that are appearing should make other renders become more competitive if they want to sell a license.